• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playstation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to make up a fake jap address when you create a new account on the system.

Ok I am all locked in
I love the machine â€" not liking the games â€" its seems there is a lack of games
I cant complain I got it for the horse racing, which is due next month
I spent more time on browser than I did GT5 prolouge â€" was not liking prologue but then I turned it to pro from standard, and it was better â€" but no forza2
They need damage, and I have a report they will release damage thru an update which is pretty cool, I haven’t been online yet to play anything
Have gotto get my new monitor for HD, at the mo its all in a CRT with the composite
And WTF is with the composite cables u get â€" what a farce, I have my ps2 component cables, but couldn’t be bothered finding them, I will have HDMI > DVI soon, and then will switch the optical from the x360
I am hoping the sports games come good on this thing â€" I will try both demo’s of fifa on both consoles then decide which is better……..i know fifa wont disappoint, and I have TW and madden on x360, and I wont get them again for ps3
I really need God of War, Full GT with Damage……..horse racing
Fallout 3 could be a goer, not sure yet
Gears of War2 is going to dominate
I reckon my PS3 will be dominated by imported games â€" Baseball, Horse Racing, Hunting and Fishing
Hopefully the beast will look a charm on my new LCD, in which then I can lay and rest in peace…..from shops etc, I find it hard to tell which console has the better graphics…but I know the PS3 desktop, is leapyears ahead of xbox â€" I love it.
COD6 (by infinity ward cant come soon enough)

Also, with Fifa, weigh up a little who's likely to play you in an online season. I reckon, Woosaah, Radman, Gay-Guy and myself are far more likely to finish one with you than some of the 360 toting NH'ers (baiting them a bit, but hell, it's mostly true).

Shame about TW. I'd love to finish a round with ya, and watch you picking bogies!!!

When G1 comes out, you show me how to play it well and I'll buy it and race ya.

Tiger Woods 09 demo on PSN definitely does not look better than Full version Xbox……..i know its getting picky, but I cant help the fact that an HDMI enabled machine cant look better than my X360 (via VGA)….

GT5 is the most amazing looking game I have ever seen â€" its native res is 1080p
But games that are dual platform, I am getting the feel that PS3 is getting cropped…I check reviews, the PS3 version gets lower

I am gutted about Tiger………I would have bought it twice, but now I’ll just plug in the xbox, and keep at that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 16 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tiger Woods 09 demo on PSN definitely does not look better than Full version Xbox……..i know its getting picky, but I cant help the fact that an HDMI enabled machine cant look better than my X360 (via VGA)….

GT5 is the most amazing looking game I have ever seen â€" its native res is 1080p
But games that are dual platform, I am getting the feel that PS3 is getting cropped…I check reviews, the PS3 version gets lower

I am gutted about Tiger………I would have bought it twice, but now I'll just plug in the xbox, and keep at that[/b]
Yeah I heard that the PS3 version of Assasins Creed was not as good as Xbox.....so yeah you could be right about PS3 getting less attention from developers when it comes to multiplatforms.

However I do believe this will change. This is because I believe that online PS3 will be the dominant network. It is simple mathematics. People do not want to have the hassle of paying to play online. Sometimes when people are happy paying they also find it that PROCESS required to pay a hassle.

Never really played a Wipeout game before today or tried the online store and F me dead it was a piece of ****, didn't realise how easy it is to quickly buy and download a game, will be doing that more often.

Anyway I got the game tried it and it is smooth as silk in all its 1080p visual glory.

Great price, great game.

Have to arrange a time to hook up for a game during the week AK.

I'm a total noob at this so when/if we do get it on expect to win alot. :D

Woohoo !

I finally got my hands on this wonderful machine, and probably got off to the best possible start.
got a 80G bundle (the one with the Dual Shock 3) and 2 games, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted which are both absolutely brilliant.

then got some games for cheap, Virtua Fighter 5 and Dark Sector, no idea if they're very good or not, but they were dirt cheap so got them anyway.

Finally my dad got himself Call of Duty 5 and I got myself one of the games that had been on top of my to get list for some time now, Metal Gear Solid 4.

all I need now is to get a hold of one of those HDMI to DVI cables, which are too damn expensive in the UAE so I'm just gonna try and get one back in SA.

The rest of this Holiday is going to rock my bloody socks off. :lol:

Got a PS3 for Christmas. Woohoo!
Got MGS4, FC2, GTA4 and Fallout 2 (which I'll be taking back in exchange for the PC version).
Haven't really had a chance to properly test any game, as I've had a mad rush of MGS-mania, and I've spent the past two days finishing the game. A classic, no less. I'll probably try FC2 next.

Yup got myself one as well. Really like it so far. The online has been absolutely fine and it is free even better. Downloaded metal gear online demo the graphics are just awesome. I reckon I will be buying MGS4 asap.

The user interface is really slick and user friendly which suprised me as I have an Xbox360 and thought the PS3 would be a bit tricky, but was definately pleasantly suprised.

Must have purchase for all at some stage. The wierd thing is it seems more next gen technology for some reason even though they do pretty much the same thing besides Blu-Ray.

Was surfing the web on the beast while the wife was using the computer so loving that as well no more arguements.

One last point the thing is so quiet I have to check that it is on sometimes and dont have to worry about playing the thing for hours on end without worrying about RROD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 29 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yup got myself one as well. Really like it so far. The online has been absolutely fine and it is free even better. Downloaded metal gear online demo the graphics are just awesome. I reckon I will be buying MGS4 asap.

The user interface is really slick and user friendly which suprised me as I have an Xbox360 and thought the PS3 would be a bit tricky, but was definately pleasantly suprised.

Must have purchase for all at some stage. The wierd thing is it seems more next gen technology for some reason even though they do pretty much the same thing besides Blu-Ray.

Was surfing the web on the beast while the wife was using the computer so loving that as well no more arguements.

One last point the thing is so quiet I have to check that it is on sometimes and dont have to worry about playing the thing for hours on end without worrying about RROD.[/b]
Do you have a Keyboard plugged in?  During breaks when I play Fifa 08 online like loading times etc I switch to the interface (Playstation button) and quickly type a message before kick off or at halftime.  Really cool how you can type away so quickly and switch between the game and the Playstation interface.

Have you tried Playstation Home?  Lol I created myself as this hot chick and the amount of random guys that come up to me to say hi and follow me around is staggering.  I have learnt so much about what it must be like to be a hot girl....funny how the guys I want to talk to are the ones who are not interested in me and just act normal lol!  I have to think of who I am though so my conversations will have some depth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Dec 28 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Finally my dad got himself Call of Duty 5 and I got myself one of the games that had been on top of my to get list for some time now, Metal Gear Solid 4.[/b]
COD5...well you might as well get ready to get addicted....though COD4 (same gameplay different guns and scenarios) IMO is a better game.

As for MGS4....well I enjoyed watching the cut scenes quite a bit lol!

Nah, I enjoyed the original Far Cry on the PC - despite it being ridiculously difficult - so I'll give this one a try, even if it isn't in the league of COD5. :p

Just started having a look aorund on Playstation Home and made myself into this hot babe.  It took me a good four hours to create her  because I was aiming for perfection.  Anyway it is really interesting walking around as a babe and having all these guys wantng to talk to you lol!  Guys are such stalkers!

Oh my gosh I think I'm nearing the end of MGS4, and it is absolutely immense. :eek:

Uncharted was a spectacular game, reminded me again why Naughty dog are probably one of my favorite development houses, if not my favorite.

I already got onto the PSN, but I had to move my console to my room to do it, so now I need to lay a cable through the roof to get online in the living room, when I do I'm looking at getting my hands on Wipeout HD and Crash Team Racing (the PS1 game, best cart racing game ever made by a mile).

Boogie you should get a wireless modem...fixes a lot of cabling problems lol!

It also allows you to do streaming video/music/pics etc from your laptop onto your ps3. I didn't realise how easy it was....you apparently only need the new windows media 11 on your laptop...but for some reason I can't get it so I am stuck on windows media 10. Therefore I had to download either Tversity or Nero Media Home. So I downloaded TVersity....when it has finished downloading lo and behold I look up from my laptop monitor to my TV screen and there in front of me on my ps3 interface was TVersity...the ps3 had picked up my laptop as a media server as soon as TVersity had downloaded on the laptop. So anyway I have a bunch of videos saved on my laptop that can now be streamed to my ps3 and watched on the big TV via my wireless modem!

Just make sure your music/pics/video files are on your laptop where Tversity says it will access it from and not some super hidden folder hehe.....

I also have this idea of seeing what would happen if I just plugged ethernet cord to ethernet between my laptop and ps3......hmmmm....gonna go find out now.

Could anyone tell me how create multipe accounts so I can access all regions online stores? I can find an option to create a new one.

Ive never been online with my ps3 but today I decdided to stck my net plug in the back and see what happens. Now my hd is full! Ive downloade about 20 demos today! Its awsome, but I want access to other regions demos!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts