Please explain

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
France
It is said, the unfinished Six Nations will be concluded in October, and then a new Six Nations will take place in November, in place of the usual November tours.

What is the reasoning behind that ? Since the traditional schedule of February/March in 2021 is so close by ?

Please can someone clarify ?
Thanks in advance

It is said, the unfinished Six Nations will be concluded in October, and then a new Six Nations will take place in November, in place of the usual November tours.

What is the reasoning behind that ? Since the traditional schedule of February/March in 2021 is so close by ?

Please can someone clarify ?
Thanks in advance
Money.

from a financial perspective February March is not close by.

world rugby wants to help who ut can but has to do so within the confines of what countries can make themselves available for games against the November internationals host teams - turns out that's jut japan and Fiji. But that's not enough games, so those host countries will have to play themselves too.

doing it as a tournament is hoped to bring more interest

delaying the tournament until feb March may make it harder to have an extended tournament without interfering with club competitions, and it may narrow other possibilities for what that year may entail

completin this years 6 nations first is a no brainer, it's what the fans/ customers want.

This is all justy guess , I have no more information than you.

It's not a new/second Six Nations it's just replacing the end of year tours this year, which have had to be cancelled (though I don't get why the Sanzaar teams can't travel but Japan/Fiji can? Maybe something to do with how late in the year it is?)

It's not a new/second Six Nations it's just replacing the end of year tours this year, which have had to be cancelled (though I don't get why the Sanzaar teams can't travel but Japan/Fiji can? Maybe something to do with how late in the year it is?)
I think the SANZAAR countries are unlikely to want to commit to playing in countries that might have a lot more covid cases. Not sure about Argentina though.

We've got bigger problems and we're retarded, we'll find a way to **** up things, no matter what we do.
We couldn't organize a **** up at a brewery even if our lives depended on it.

We are in one of the most delicate financial situations on the planet AND we have the longest quarantine. If you think 2020 was bad, wait till 2021 hits Argentina.

/endrant

The other thing to take into account is the B&I Lions tour next year. The NH teams are in a better position at the moment than South Africa and getting game time before the tour is of vital importance in order not to send an undercooked team to SA.

All the articles suggest that the B&I Lions tour won't be rescheduled, so the NH teams have that little bit of an edge as they will be able to prepare a bit more than SA. SA teams don't know when they will be able to play again. We have a new Springbok Coach, with a relatively new coaching team. It's a little bit of a daunting task at the moment.

Latest posts