• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Poisoned AB's 95RWC?

M

Markg

I keep hearing that staff in the hotel the All Blacks were staying in poisoned them before the game.. Spread you r thoughts

It is their own fault really because it is a teams management responsibility that they train well, eat well, sleep well in order to play well. They should have taken into account the possibility of there being food in South Africa that may be a bit suspicious. They should no that they would not be the first team/individual that has been poisoned or injured before a major sporting event. Anyway they got caught out...they got sick...they lost....it is their fault. I would have doubled checked everything or had people double checking during final week...I mean....hello???? They should have had their own cooks who know what athletes need for their diets!

It is their own fault really because it is a teams management responsibility that they train well, eat well, sleep well in order to play well. They should have taken into account the possibility of there being food in South Africa that may be a bit suspicious. They should no that they would not be the first team/individual that has been poisoned or injured before a major sporting event. Anyway they got caught out...they got sick...they lost....it is their fault. I would have doubled checked everything or had people double checking during final week...I mean....hello???? They should have had their own cooks who know what athletes need for their diets!
[/b]

See if it was a similar situation at last years WC i'd completely agree with you, but given the fact that at this point professionalism was in its very early stages, things like strict diets and team cooks were non-existent. Yes, if the accusations are true then shame on them, they should have been a bit wiser, but the fact that we are talking about a World Cup that happened 13 years ago before all the conditioning staff were brought to the table, it is understandable that they probably didn't expect anything like this to happen.

well i think it shouldnt need to be brought up again, like you said 13 years ago. who cares now? its been and gone and its not going to change the result :)

It is funny though that the two players who ate elsewhere (Fitpatrick and another - think it was Zinny) didn't get sick, and it is fact that some of the players were heaving during the game on the sideline.

Seriously, no country in the world would shut up about it if it happened to them and no OTHER country would let them say anything and call sour grapes. Thats how it is and always will be.

That's no excuse. The South African team have to eat South African food all the time, and you never hear them complain.

That's no excuse. The South African team have to eat South African food all the time, and you never hear them complain. [/b]

Did you miss the word "Poisoned" from the thread ***le? This isn't about standard South African food.

That's no excuse. The South African team have to eat South African food all the time, and you never hear them complain. [/b]

Your either trying to be funny, or your just an idiot, but either way...

Die.

Your either trying to be funny, or your just an idiot.[/b]
A little from column A, a little from column B. :p

Still, I doubt NZ player were deliberately poisoned. I often get a dodgy stomach while travelling in Africa, it's just because I'm not used to the food and water. And it happens when people come over here.

I think we just poison everyone when they come here for the next world cup thats all just to square things up.

I think we just poison everyone when they come here for the next world cup thats all just to square things up. [/b]

just serve them canterbury and waikato draught, that ought to make them sick :D

<div class='quotemain'> I think we just poison everyone when they come here for the next world cup thats all just to square things up. [/b]

just serve them canterbury and waikato draught, that ought to make them sick :D
[/b][/quote]Hahahahaha good call but we want them to still live not die miserably

No one cares now cos it is all over. We lost. Australia have 2 RWCups, S.A. have 2, England have one, and we have one.......nothing will change that for now.

I think the only thing that will matter 400 years from now when England have 21 RWC triumphs, Aussie have 13, France have 11, S.A have 16, Argentina 5, Wales 10, Ireland 4, United States 4, China 1, Nigeria 1, Scotland 3, NZ 13.......all that people will ask (apart from the fact that England is always the favourite for each RWC) is............

.....so who WON the inaugural RWC?

That is something we here in NZ can never have taken away from us....and as long as we are at the top or near abouts then we will be remembered for that....but if we drift outside the top 8 rugby playing nations no one will remember. A bit like in football Brazil nowadays hides away that once upon a time they were the whipping boys of the almighty Paraguay. Or how the Aussie cricket team today pretends that they never were under the thumb of the West Indies. If the West Indies in cricket and Paraguay in soccer had never lost their dominance from the beginning and stayed relatively close to the top tier then we would not today be in total awe of the Aussie crickters or the Brazillian footballers because they would be seen as pretenders to the real kings the West Indies of cricket and Paraguy of soccer. However those two nations faded and their dominant beginings have been hushed up. Wales in rugby had this awe of them once upon a time...they are the only country that have beaten the All Blacks in the first meeting. The AB's were afraid of them and held them in the same esteem as the Springboks all the way up to the 70's. Then Wales stuffed it up and started losing a hell of a lot to everyone and now it is almost like history is painted as Wales ALWAYS being second fiddle to NZ but once upon a time this was never the case.

So as long as NZ stays NEAR the top RWCups will come and go but people will say 400 years from now...."The All Blacks are the real kings of rugby...they were the ones who won the first rugby world cup and have been ther ever since!"

Wales, West Indies and Paraguay missed the chance to become legendary when they slipped too far. When was the last time the West Indies beat Australia? When was the last time Paraguay beat Brazil? When was the last time Wales beat the All Blacks? Even though the All Blacks have not won a RWC for 21 years at least we beat all the winners consistently.

No one cares now cos it is all over. We lost. Australia have 2 RWCups, S.A. have 2, England have one, and we have one.......nothing will change that for now.

I think the only thing that will matter 400 years from now when England have 21 RWC triumphs, Aussie have 13, France have 11, S.A have 16, Argentina 5, Wales 10, Ireland 4, United States 4, China 1, Nigeria 1, Scotland 3, NZ 13.......all that people will ask (apart from the fact that England is always the favourite for each RWC) is............

.....so who WON the inaugural RWC?

That is something we here in NZ can never have taken away from us....and as long as we are at the top or near abouts then we will be remembered for that....but if we drift outside the top 8 rugby playing nations no one will remember. A bit like in football Brazil nowadays hides away that once upon a time they were the whipping boys of the almighty Paraguay. Or how the Aussie cricket team today pretends that they never were under the thumb of the West Indies. If the West Indies in cricket and Paraguay in soccer had never lost their dominance from the beginning and stayed relatively close to the top tier then we would not today be in total awe of the Aussie crickters or the Brazillian footballers because they would be seen as pretenders to the real kings the West Indies of cricket and Paraguy of soccer. However those two nations faded and their dominant beginings have been hushed up. Wales in rugby had this awe of them once upon a time...they are the only country that have beaten the All Blacks in the first meeting. The AB's were afraid of them and held them in the same esteem as the Springboks all the way up to the 70's. Then Wales stuffed it up and started losing a hell of a lot to everyone and now it is almost like history is painted as Wales ALWAYS being second fiddle to NZ but once upon a time this was never the case.

So as long as NZ stays NEAR the top RWCups will come and go but people will say 400 years from now...."The All Blacks are the real kings of rugby...they were the ones who won the first rugby world cup and have been ther ever since!"

Wales, West Indies and Paraguay missed the chance to become legendary when they slipped too far. When was the last time the West Indies beat Australia? When was the last time Paraguay beat Brazil? When was the last time Wales beat the All Blacks? Even though the All Blacks have not won a RWC for 21 years at least we beat all the winners consistently.
[/b]

yeah but wales actually cheated in that game and Bob Deans actually did score the try to win the match. Its in all blacks book 'The Jersey' the winger wrote to the ref 10 years later admitting he lied that he came short of the line..

all that people will ask (apart from the fact that England is always the favourite for each RWC) is... so who WON the inaugural RWC?[/b]
Sorry but every rugby victory before the implementation of the ELV is to be annulled.

But seriously, who won the first football world cup, and where are they now? I don't think it matters that much.

I think we just poison everyone when they come here for the next world cup thats all just to square things up. [/b]
With the alleged drinking culture in the Welsh squad I don't think they'd notice any extra vomiting.

<div class='quotemain'>all that people will ask (apart from the fact that England is always the favourite for each RWC) is... so who WON the inaugural RWC?[/b]
Sorry but every rugby victory before the implementation of the ELV is to be annulled.

But seriously, who won the first football world cup, and where are they now? I don't think it matters that much.
[/b][/quote]

It would matter if they were still at the top but they fell and now the current powers act like they never were at the top.

Agreed on getting a dodgy stomach in Africa (even SA)... I grew up there and it still happens to me when I go back.
On the other hand I don't recall All Black players trying to leave their stomachs on the pitch... but it was a very long time ago.
Sure NZ won the inaugural tournament, and SA won their first one...
But NZ = 1/6 world cups
SA = 2/4 :bleh!:

And France will probably never win one, to my great dismay. They're the real chokers out there. Beat anyone (usually NZ) on their day, and proceed to get knocked out with a whimper by whoever plays them next.

Latest posts