• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 2 (Connacht, Toulouse, Wasps, Zebre)

I do feel bad for the English and French clubs who are coming into this competition with their small budgets, emphasis on home grown talent and generally parochial support coming up against the big money mercenary superstars of the Pro 12, with their tv money and millionaire patrons. I mean at the end of the day where in Europe will you get a better atmosphere than at a Saracens game? Competition wouldn't be the same without them.

Wasn't it Leo did dirt on him first
Was it any good. Couldn't get the game over here in France. The irony of it

You always side with your boy!!

Good game, scrappy enough, won despite Marmion's best efforts off the bench. Bundee the difference as per.

Aye Groundhog, you see teams like Toulon bringing through so much youth that they lose good players to their neighbours, they just can't afford to bring in that big name lock or wing that would allow them to contend, damn shame really, money has turned this in to the Irish-Celt cup!

Trouble is Pro12 teams can afford to rest big name players becuase no one cares about the pro 12.

AP and Top14 there is so much more to play for.

- - - Updated - - -

Trouble is Pro12 teams can afford to rest big name players becuase no one cares about the pro 12.

- - - Updated - - -

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1476561380.703255.jpg

we'll keep fielding watered down sides and rotate players from league here and let the CCup go to shîte with more falling attendance.

If the celts win it, it'll be so devalued they'll have to rename it again.

Last edited:
we'll keep fielding watered down sides and rotate players from league here and let the CCup go to shîte with more falling attendance.

By the time the celts win it, it'll be so devalued they'll have to rename it again.
Hey don't be too doom and gloom. Maybe you can win more than one game this year who knows? When possibly the world's richest club doesn't have enough to beat a team who earn peanuts by comparison things must be bad.

We don't need to win a single game. You missed the point. Never mind.

Pool 2 Round 1 ( Wasps V Zebre & Connacht V Toulouse)

The thing is and I'll put this in general. A Castres or whoever will never gain respect by challenging in just France.
Toulouse - 1 of greatest French teams and respected massively in Europe simply as they've competed and won
Toulon - Respected as they've won but it's acknowledged they've won in Europe.
Racing - We play them tomorrow and yeah we know they're good but they're not in league of other clubs now as they've not built a pedigree in Europe.
Clermont are more respected for their efforts in Europe than loosing French finals over long period.

The point is any French fan will say but oh the money is so great in Top 14 but they're missing the key that respect is better than any fee. Dai Young made a similar comment today after their game in terms of respect. You look at top English sides. The 2 most respected are Leicester and Wasps. And even now look at us in Munster we are out of our league but still get respected for European pedigree. Glasgow don't get as much at moment because despite being magnificent in Pro 12 they haven't produced in Europe in terms of at business end over few seasons.

I'd even say the Top 14 is least attractive league to watch at moment as its to much based on physicality.

@Tigs Man
Glass jaw I'd guess! It's a bixing term for someone who gets hit in the face and is KO'd. KO'd means knocked out. Boxing is a fight sport. Sport is a recreational but competitive activity. A fight usually constitutes two or more individuals attempting to inflict as much physical pain upon each other until the other is unable to continue. A jaw is the lowest bone in your head. Glasgow is a great rugby side!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have the term Over ones head in Ireland and Argentina ;)

I do think Glasgow have a very good chance this year.

I am not convinced to be honest. Leicester were just terrible last night.

Nah Glasgow form this season has been very good and they still have Top players to come in.

Tigers where **** but I can't see many teams beating Warriors at home.

But Castres are not worried about gaining respect from abroad. They have no interest in Europe. The CCup is a step too far for mid-table sides like Castres.

Their head coach is not saying anything different again this season: "This competition is not in our genes..."

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Christophe-urios-cette-epreuve-n-est-pas-dans-nos-genes/736861

There is no expectation of European glory among their fans. They're bit more modest. So they're not feeling cheated or disappointed. An early exit has no bearing on Castres season or how they perceive themselves as a club. Because this is not what they'll be judged on.

Some Top 14 teams will take Europe seriously others won't. They will use Europe to rotate their squad and prepare for bigger league games. That I have no doubt.

Last edited:
But Castres are not worried about gaining respect from abroad. They have no interest in Europe. The CCup is a step too far for mid-table sides like Castres.

Their head coach is not saying anything different again this season: "This competition is not in our genes..."

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Christophe-urios-cette-epreuve-n-est-pas-dans-nos-genes/736861

There is no expectation of European glory among their fans. They're bit more modest. So they're not feeling cheated or disappointed. An early exit has no bearing on Castres season or how they perceive themselves as a club. Because this is not what they'll be judged on.

Some Top 14 teams will take Europe seriously others won't. They will use Europe to rotate their squad and prepare for bigger league games. That I have no doubt.

Nah dude, Leinster are a begter team than Castres regardles of the competition. We won handy today missing our best player and throwing up plenty of chances!

Latest posts