• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

First of all, who's havin' a giggle renaming this thread??

Second of all...
LEINSTER: Rob Kearney, Zane Kirchner; Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, Isa Nacewa (captain); Johnny Sexton, Luke McGrath; Cian Healy, James Tracy, Mike Ross; Devin Toner, Mike McCarthy; Sean O'Brien, Josh van der Flier, Jamie Heaslip.
Replacements: Sean Cronin, Jack McGrath, Michael Bent, Mick Kearney, Jordi Murphy, Dan Leavy, Jamison Gibson-Park, Joey Carbery.

Really beefing the pack up to deal with the monsters we're about to face, I think I've had wet dreams to the idea of that backrow. Away fan high on life prediction is us by 5 and Montpellier and Castres to give up letting us and Saints saunter towards the knockout rounds!

here's the team to beat Leinster tomorrow afternoon in Montpellier, fairly impressive pack, Sexton v Steyn should be interesting, and of course with 007agent Thomas O'Leary on the bench, he has spent most of this week going into great detail about all he knows on the opposition, even giving the name and adress of Alpha Bro and where he drinks before games in Dublin so i will seek him out and he can buy me a beer or 3 in Jan..

Le XV de départ : Michel ; O'Connor, Martin, Dumoulin, Nadolo ; (o) Steyn, (m) White ; Qera (cap), Spies, Ouedraogo ; Willemse, Jacques du Plessis ; Jannie du Plessis, Shalva Mamukashvili, Watremez.
Remplaçants : Ruffenach, Nariashvili, Kubriashvili, Van Rensburg, Liebenberg, O'Leary, Botica, Mogg.

Last edited:
Is that Frans Steyn at 10?
Sexton is going to have so many monsters running at him.....

yes it is he has played 10 for us already twice this season, safe, sure, and with his almighty boot could keep Leinster on the back foot and as far as Sexton is concerned he could be dodging bullets all Sun afternoon. Hope he does not run into Paul Willemse Jaques du Plessis or certain others for his sake, we all know he is not fond of contact so the word this week was nail Jonny S, there's a bounty on his head, free beeer all night for anyone who nails him, Tom O'Leary has the bar bill.!!!

WELL DONE SAINTS, NOW WE CANT CUT A DEAL... Another hammering in Franklin's awaits you.
yes it is he has played 10 for us already twice this season, safe, sure, and with his almighty boot could keep Leinster on the back foot and as far as Sexton is concerned he could be dodging bullets all Sun afternoon. Hope he does not run into Paul Willemse Jaques du Plessis or certain others for his sake, we all know he is not fond of contact so the word this week was nail Jonny S, there's a bounty on his head, free beeer all night for anyone who nails him, Tom O'Leary has the bar bill.!!!

Couldn't be happier that Tomas is with you lads!!!

why's that??? someone told me he was half decent but as i was in the UK last week and did not get to the club this week will meet him after todays game, the weather will be sh** this afternon there is a Red Alert until 16.00 which is roughly the end of the game, when it rains here its nearly tropical the Irish boys will love it, home from home. Our boys will probably play with wellies and macks, southern softies!!!! A winning bonus point will put us top of the table but pigs may fly before that!!!

O'Leary was never a natural passer of the ball. He was an outstanding athlete with great pace who was ruthless in defence, but age comes to us all. All of his best attributes have gone with age, which really exposes the fact he can't pass. Great servant to the club, but he wasn't needed at all here. And that's coming from a club with serious needs for a backup 9.

I thought O'Leary had retired!
He was terrible for Not nots
How come Nacewa kicks, not Sexton, for Leinster?

O'Leary has been with us for the last year but was left out of the Euro squad. I'd say Isa kicked today because Sexton is not fully fit and wasn't ever expected to play a full 80.

I thought O'Leary had retired!
He was terrible for Not nots
How come Nacewa kicks, not Sexton, for Leinster?

Sexton hamstring is injured. O'Leary with Montpellier now for next few months.

Great result for Leinster that LBP will be vital although I see them getting 9 points from Saints games

Ok. Isa Nacewa v Montpellier and we come away with a point. Must say that it was a great atmosphere with great fans, I don't thinknthey liked the loud Dub for the first 30 mins but they warmed to me when they started winning!

Glad you enjoyed,atmosphere good i thought as Leinster brought about 400 supporters i think, fairly good game from both teams and the result fair enough one of the either of us need an away victory along the way somewhere we shall be looking at home and away victories v Castres. Pulling Nacewa from retirement was probably a good move for you guys as he scored all your points. Great battle upront from both teams there were some very marked bodies in the changing rooms after the game, and the unlucky Thomas O'Leary has to drink beer from the boot of Tchale Watchou for his first appearance boot size is 54 and reasonably smelly. but the boy did well and there was not a drop left, but then the Irish do not waste good beer.

exactly had been teaming down for 48hrs so in fact it was in pretty good condition considering the amount of water on it.

Leinster to beat Saints and put one foot in the quarters, our young lads are on form and internationals coming back full of confidence. Henshaw and Sexton will probably be out but we have very able replacements.

[h=2]TEAMS FOR SUNDAY's ALL FRENCH CLASH WITH CASTRES[/h] Le XV de Montpellier : Mogg ; Nagusa, Martin, Dumoulin, Nadolo ; (o) Steyn, (m) White ; Galletier, Qera (cap), Ouedraogo ; Van Rensburg, Mikautadze ; Kubriashvili, Mamukashvili, Nariashvili.
Remplaçants : Geli, Watremez, Jannie du Plessis, Battut, Liebenberg, Wright, Fall, Catrakilis.

Le XV de Castres :
Berard ; Grosso, Combezou, Taumoepeau, Smith ; (o) Dumora, (m) Kockott ; Jelonch, Tulou, Babillot ; Capo Ortega (cap), Lassale ; Kotze, Mach, Tichit.

Remplaçants : Rallier, Stroe, Tussac, Moreaux, Urdapilleta, Bias, Dupont, Vialelle.

Latest posts