• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 5 (Bordeaux, Clermont, Exeter, Ulster)

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
280px-Bordeux_logo.png
V
150px-Ulster_rugby_badge.png

Sunday 16/10/2016 @ Chaban-Delmas
Kick Off: 12:00

170px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png
V
175px-Clermont_auvergne_badge.png

Sunday 16/10/2016 @ Sandy Park
Kick Off: 16:30​

Have Exeter formed some sort of cross sport cultural misappropriation continuum with Cleveland Indians Tigs Man? Can we expect the Washington Redskins and Notre Dame University to be joining in soon? (hope I haven't reopened a can of worms) ;)

Ehm in future could you put trigger warnings on threads with native american iconography? I got my willy stuck in a finger trap while watching Dances With Wolves as a kid so this is really traumatic for me.

Jack Maunder is in the Chiefs squad vs Clermont. Young 9 on his debut, definitely one to watch for the future.

Or maybe it's a left hand just backwards. It would make sense as pretty much everything and everyone in Ulster is backwards.

Coming from where running water is considered to be what comes off a mountain after it rains, rich, very rich.

Or maybe it's a left hand just backwards. It would make sense as pretty much everything and everyone in Ulster is backwards.

No mate open your eyes sheeple, it's the usual right-hand normative microaggressions.

Ulster beating Bordeux in France currently and looking the better side. The third rate pitch is a great leveller though so should keep Bordeux in the contest and restrict Ulsters expansive play. Hopefully the mighty Top 14 can throw some of its millions towards replacement turf at some point! :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ulster losing a couple of certain tries with knock-ons at the try line. Only 10-3 up at the half.

Great tactical adjustment at halftime from the wily Brunel. Stick the ball up your forwards' jumpers, play eight man rugby and never kick the ball away to your opponent. Adam Ashley Cooper might have been going mad at being ignored but it was brutally effective tactic on that pitch and should see them win their remaining home games if repeated.

Jack Maunder is in the Chiefs squad vs Clermont. Young 9 on his debut, definitely one to watch for the future.

Definite potential, great to see the second generation of Maunder tuning out for the club.

Saying that, having seen him play at level 4 last season, I'm rather surprised that he's being thrown in at the deep end - a bit much a bit soon I'd have thought.

Again another one sided refering display.

No point in watching, refs decided whos going to win.

Blantent obstruction on that try...

Last edited:
Bit of a kicking for the Chiefs. He wasn't perfect but in among the carnage Devoto showed some really nice touches.

Devoto, Whitten and Hill put their all into the match with Hill in particular playing very well once again. LCD went off (any news?) and momentum went out of the team but I thought Slade came on and showed some class. Other than that, very poor once again from Chiefs but a hammering is hopefully what they needed to get into gear. Key players missing is not an excuse, if Chiefs are rubbing shoulders with the big boys they need to be able to rotate and implement well enough to deal with call-ups and injuries. Sort it out boys!

I was very impressed with Maunder, thought he put in some good touches for a young 9. Hill too was very good, really showed his power.

Absolutely brainless rugby from Ulster at times in that second half which is so typical of what happens to us in big games. Time and time again our decision making has been shocking when it matters – you could almost set your watch to it.

Marshall's 'decision' to take that quick tap in the last minute when 8 down was criminal. This isn't the first time it has happened either – Saracens last year springs to mind.

This is the frustrating thing about the decision not to renew Pienaar's contract. The guy currently in line to take over from him has demonstrated time and time again that he just isn't up to it, he is unable to control a game and keep his head when it matters. How it benefits anyone to have a predominantly Irish backline suffer from poor service is beyond me.

Incredibly frustrated!

100m try by Bordeaux from 4:50

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts