• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pool of death?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Oh, and by the way, Ireland's backline will EAT Argentina up. I don't see Ireland losing to or winning by a small margin over Argentina this time around.
[/b]

Ok, ok. This is what watching the Flintstones, sorry USA rugby team, produces. [/b]

Ireland ate up the boks in the autumn internationals, how about you watch some more rugby.
[/b]

I watch quite a lot; while i`m not playing it. Its clear you don`t play stupid yank [/b][/quote]

Yes i dont play ive just been invited to try out for the usa u17's last year and scouted by the usa u20's this year, not to mention ive been all cleveland u19 2 years running, and an ohio u19 selectee, but then again i dont play :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

I have friends who went to play to USA, I mean 3 XV players from 2nd division clubs of Buenos Aires; and they were the stars of USA teams.

What you are saying besides being anything but humble, (the first value that rugby teaches you) is equal to saying that you have 10 international tests, with Brazil national team.

You don`t know **** about the sport nor the unwritten codes of it. Stick to footbal , yank

Regarding my friends, they return safely fro the uSA. And they don`t want to trvel to another terrorist country.
[/b][/quote]

im not sure how im not being humble by listing my honors. what are you jealous or something because your rugby career will never amount to anything?

:rolleyes: youre going to get banned really soon

funny that i dont know anything about rugby, maybe you should ask some more members of this forum.

ask an tarbh, getofmeland, rugby_cymru, bokmagic, the truth, sanzar

go ahead pm them im sure you'll find that i know much more about rugby than you

Oh, and by the way, Ireland's backline will EAT Argentina up. I don't see Ireland losing to or winning by a small margin over Argentina this time around.
[/b]

Ok, ok. This is what watching the Flintstones, sorry USA rugby team, produces. [/b]

Ireland ate up the boks in the autumn internationals, how about you watch some more rugby.
[/b]

I watch quite a lot; while i`m not playing it. Its clear you don`t play stupid yank [/b][/quote]

Yes i dont play ive just been invited to try out for the usa u17's last year and scouted by the usa u20's this year, not to mention ive been all cleveland u19 2 years running, and an ohio u19 selectee, but then again i dont play :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

I have friends who went to play to USA, I mean 3 XV players from 2nd division clubs of Buenos Aires; and they were the stars of USA teams.

What you are saying besides being anything but humble, (the first value that rugby teaches you) is equal to saying that you have 10 international tests, with Brazil national team.

You don`t know **** about the sport nor the unwritten codes of it. Stick to footbal , yank

Regarding my friends, they return safely fro the uSA. And they don`t want to trvel to another terrorist country.
[/b][/quote]

im not sure how im not being humble by listing my honors. what are you jealous or something because your rugby career will never amount to anything?

funny that i dont know anything about rugby, maybe you should ask some more members of this forum.

[/b][/quote]

I am not competing against you, punk. Why don`t you share your opinion and debate just like anyone else? You are making a fool of yourself, threatening to censor me. You sound like a nazi militia from rural usa. Stop it. With this name or another I will still state my opinion freely in this forum

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I am not competing against you, punk. Why don`t you share your opinion and debate just like anyone else? You are making a fool of yourself, threatening to censor me. You sound like a nazi militia from rural usa. Stop it. With this name or another I will still state my opinion freely in this forum [/b][/quote]

ask yourself that question and you'll quickly notice you dont want to debate you want to stir ****.

[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I am not competing against you, punk. Why don`t you share your opinion and debate just like anyone else? You are making a fool of yourself, threatening to censor me. You sound like a nazi militia from rural usa. Stop it. With this name or another I will still state my opinion freely in this forum [/b][/quote]

ask yourself that question and you'll quickly notice you dont want to debate you want to stir ****.
[/b][/quote]

I don`t agree with that; but i respect your opinion.

Regarding my rugby carrer: dont worry, kid, I ve been arround and played some tough rugby, and still playing

Guys, it looks like this slagging match has ended, but let's make sure it stays ended, ok?
It's obvious you've both got good rugby knowledge: DC has proved that over the time he's been here and Paquirri has already shown rugb intelligence with his initial posts.
I'm sure neither of you want this to carry on like this, neither do other members or staff.
If it doesn't stop we'll have to close this topic which is a shame because it started off really well.

Guys, it looks like this slagging match has ended, but let's make sure it stays ended, ok?
It's obvious you've both got good rugby knowledge: DC has proved that over the time he's been here and Paquirri has already shown rugb intelligence with his initial posts.
I'm sure neither of you want this to carry on like this, neither do other members or staff.
If it doesn't stop we'll have to close this topic which is a shame because it started off really well.
[/b]
Hear Hear.

handbags at 10 paces. lol. at the end of the day its all banter(hopefully). bit of patriotism never hurt anyone..............lol

i dont think argentina have a chance in hell of getting through the groups. ok they beat ireland recently but that was a 3rd string irish team and it was in argentina. i think o driscoll and darcy will run through their defence all day. [/b]

These games are all going to be close and I don't think the irish centres will get much space against the Pumas. I don't think Argentina will make the QFs but at least the Host team will have 2 really exciting close games to add a bit of atmosphere to the tournament. Will the french supporters turn on their team if the are not performing?

thats true im sure argentina will put up a fight. the 1st halves of both games will be close but i think the french and irish will run away with the game in the second halves. both will hope for a bonus point against argentina i think.

thats true im sure argentina will put up a fight. the 1st halves of both games will be close but i think the french and irish will run away with the game in the second halves. both will hope for a bonus point against argentina i think.
[/b]

Only a fight? I´d rather say i will be a formidable classh between 3 great teams, in which each team will loose 1 match.

Just wandering, what happens in case of triple draw?

both will hope for a bonus point against argentina i think. [/b]

Of course they will. Every team would hope for a bonus point in every match. Getting one is another matter... and people seem to be writing the Pumas off a little too easily for me. They might not be favourites in either match but they certainly have a sufficient mix of dog and talent to come away with results. Plus, in the Pumas favour (for the Ireland match anyway), France is like a second home to many so playing there will be about as close to a home game they can get - away from home, that is!

Plus, in the Pumas favour (for the Ireland match anyway), France is like a second home to many so playing there will be about as close to a home game they can get - away from home, that is![/b]
I'd be surprised if their wasnt a huge Irish presence in the stands on that day. Dont think this will make much of a difference to be honest.

I'm really hoping that Ireland and Argentina come out of Pool D with France bowing out early.

Ireland is the team I'm supporting after Australia.

Triple draw?

Well I guess the teams are sorted by points (including bonus points), and then for and against difference, and then whom scored the most points, and then tries, and then fewer red cards, and then fewer yellow cards, and after that if both teams are still level maybe they go by alphabetical order ;)

Triple draw?

Well I guess the teams are sorted by points (including bonus points), and then for and against difference, and then whom scored the most points, and then tries, and then fewer red cards, and then fewer yellow cards, and after that if both teams are still level maybe they go by alphabetical order ;)

[/b]

Actually, I believe, if all else is equal, they go by IRB World Rankings on 31st October.

i dont think argentina have a chance in hell of getting through the groups. ok they beat ireland recently but that was a 3rd string irish team and it was in argentina. i think o driscoll and darcy will run through their defence all day.
[/b]

You haven't seen Argentina against England or France in the last 4 years, have you? Ireland - whom I like as much as Argentina - have a concentration problem.

I almost wish that France doesn't qualify :D but they're the hosts, so worst-case-scenario the referees will take care of that.

And just as a side comment, confirming what other people have said here as well, the seeding has been awful. *What* are Italy and Scotland doing, fighting for a QF spot when both Argentina and Ireland have had their way with England since the last world cup?

France and Ireland should have too much for Argentina, however I have a horrible feeling that Argentina may just edge Ireland out by putting them off their game.

It is quite staggering to read so much ignorance about Argentina on a rugby forum like this.

Ireland don't win in France. Thats cast in stone. Ireland play there every second year but struggle to ever win, or compete with France. In contrast Argentina lost against France by one point in november 2006 and won the previous match in France in November 2004. On that day they defeated France in Marseilles. No other team has eveer done this. Australia tired the following year and lost. Even the All Blacks haven't beaten France in Marseilles. Also, the week before Argentina defeated France in 2004 Australia had lost to France.

Argentina without most French based players (16 are in the World Cup squad of 30) defeated Ireland two games to nil. Argentina swapped players for the two games and still won both without most first choice players in every position. They had players such as Leonelli, Senillosa, Stortoni, Vergallo, Avramovic, Guiñazú, Henn, Bouza, Fessia, Cardinali, Cortese, Stuart, López Fleming, Juan Fernández Miranda, de Vedia and Gamborini playing these games. None of these players have been selected in the World Cup squad. Then there were other players who don't play in France, like Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe, who didn't play against Ireland either.

In the two games before that, Ireland beat Argentina both times by 1 point. In 2003 it was in the World Cup after the referee didn't penalize Ireland in the closing minutes. Argentina should have been awarded a penalty which would have been kicked into points. O'Driscoll wasn't breaking the defensive line at all. There was one try scored after Argentine messed up a lineout and the ball freakeshly set up for Keith Wood to send Alan Quinlen, a flanker, away for a try.

In the other match, in November 2004, Ireland won at the very end of the game after Ronan O'Gara dropped kicked a goal. O'Driscoll and co couldn't break the defence in that game (like in the RWC) and Ireland won at the games end after scoring a grand total of zero tries.