• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Port Elizabeth Sevens, 9-10 December 2011, Sevens World Series

I was impressed with Canada yesterday: They may not have gotten the results vs the likes of Aus, but they played good rugby and were always threatening

Yeah they looked good vs Morocco with a 21-0 victory. They basically controlled the whole game. Morocco would have scored a try if not for the bounce of the ball.

Imagine how fast Fleming would be if he didn't run like an absolute f.., erm, pansy. :D

Seriously, you would swear he was playing in high heels the way he runs.

The Scotland-Kenya game was possibly the dullest game of rugby I have ever been a witness to, undoubtedly the dullest Sevens game.

Not even the 6-0 win by the Highlanders over the Crusaders or the 6-3 Newcastle-Toulon game the other night compares.

Last edited:
Samoa have done all right for themselves this tournamnet - into the semi-finals now

Weren't very impressive against the USA though, who admittedly played very well and swatted aside Zimbabwe today.

Are England ever going to wear their normal kit on a regular basis ever again?

Cecil Afrika was the biz against France, good to see such a great player on is day.

From the little amount of sevens I watch, Norton and Turner would probably be the two best players. Good win by England, will be a hard match if we can get through our quarter.

Well done Englandshire, on a bit of a roll now, will face either NZ or Aus in the next round. Judging by yesterday's play, it will be New Zealand.

Good to see the crowd is soooo much bigger today, but they should have closed the upper tiers, the crowd is so spread out it makes it look a lot worse than what it actually is.

USA vs Canada and Scotland vs Argentina in the Bowl semis, good games they should be.

Well done Englandshire, on a bit of a roll now, will face either NZ or Aus in the next round. Judging by yesterday's play, it will be New Zealand.

Good to see the crowd is soooo much bigger today, but they should have closed the upper tiers, the crowd is so spread out it makes it look a lot worse than what it actually is.

USA vs Canada and Scotland vs Argentina in the Bowl semis, good games they should be.

Apparently they are expecting 30,000 today, which I imagine they will be pleased with.

Apparently they are expecting 30,000 today, which I imagine they will be pleased with.

Certainly looks like it, however at least 50% of the crowd disappears in between the SA games, haven't a clue where they go to. :?

Good, gutsy win over Argentina, must admit I never knew it was a penalisable offence to deliberately throw the ball into touch. Stupid rule I think, do they honestly think it is more 'sporting' to kick or run the ball out?

Who the heck decided the Aussies should play in Lime Green?

Much better by Canada this weekend looks like they needed to get their legs back in Dubai, Kenya finally won a game again LOL, should be some exciting finals.

:eek:

Scotland have some interesting player stats this season, Colin Gregor currently third placed overall points scorer, Ross Turnbull and James Fleming each have 13 tries, putting them tied third in the overall try scoring list.

Some would point out there is the remote possibility that they are helped that Scotland only qualified for the bowl, and thus played the likes of Niue and UAE, but yeah. :p

Enland still have a chance... not anymore.

South Africa vs New Zealand in the Cup final.

Booo.

To be fair, New Zealand looked the better side in that game, and if we would have won it would've been down to pure luck

Thought for sure Canada would win it for a few minutes in the secon half, breakaway ties from Horne saved us.

Wales het Fiji in die bord finale verkraag, dis 26-0

Oh ****! Now it is 43-0!

For the conversion...

Nope, 48-0 FT
Fiji's heaviest defeat ever. Coming off the rails much?

Last edited:
Wales are starting to play some good 7s. Regions are now getting behind it as well as the WRU. Keep on progressing and who knows may well win a cup competition.

Wales have got some very good players in their squad - a lot of very young players as well, so it's good exposure for them.

That 18yr old Cardiff RFC flyhalf (can't remember his name) impressed me yesterday - One of the Owen Williamses as well (only Wales could take two players with the same name :lol: )

Will be interesting to see if the WRU go down the RFU's track and centrally contract a core squad of player, bringing in others from the regions/clubs to supplement them

Latest posts