• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Portugal European Champion

C

canongia

Six out of Seven! Portugal won the FIRA-AER championship for the 6th time in seven editions. Last year Russian won, but the portuguese head was on the World Cup. Portugal beat top teams like Romania, Georgia, Irland and Wales. In older editions beat France several times. At London Seven's, Portugal beat Australia. But maybe England is the best sevens team in Europe - didn't play in Hannover.

it's actually very surprising how good portugal's 7's aside is compared to their 15's.

i was there at Hannover Sevens....Portugal played great but i was sad becasue germany did lose very closely to them with only 14:12 :wah:
but at least portugal deserved to win the tournament and it was impressing how they could defeat Wales in the final :cheers:

also in alot of the smaller nations in the top ten there isnt as much depth as you think and clubs dont want to release their player be they second string or not

What has been hindering (dramatically, I say) the development of 15-rugby in Portugal is the inability to produce quality forwards. But that is far from being a problem in Sevens... :D

Latest posts