• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Portugal to the world cup??

will certainly be good to have a new team there, just hope they don't end up in jail after each of their matches :bleh!:

:D
You're right! I don't think so...it was some guys from Uruguai that didn't like to see other celebrating...
I'll be there with good spirit, be sure...Always B)
Cheers!

Hi,
Nope...I'm just a supporter :bravo:
It was my mistake... I've made a error writing "I" insted of "we"...I meant:
We ( Portugal ) will be there for the fun :cheers:
Don't forget that our team is almost 100% amateur...students are the majority...
Cheers!!!

Allblacksfreak was getting worried, not only could he not claim to be the forums only international anymore, he would be superceded by someone who doesn't only play the Arabian Gulf.

:p nope I wasn't worried... I was actually gonna be joyful if there is another international in the Forum... Ripper, the odds of having someone with the exact playing career as me is really small... :p U-19s International for Arabian Gulf and Seniors for Indonesia... aahh...

I guess this will give the All Blacks a chance to surpass the 145-17 record they set against Japan :D

I found this forum today, and i am enjoying to see that there are people happy for the presence of Portugal in the WRC!!

You cant imagine how happy I am for "our" presence in the WRC and particulary for beeing in a pool with New Zeland.

Dont forget that Portuguese players are all amateurs unless 2 of them. But with their will and determination they won against Uruguai and now we show that we can play good rugby...

I play rugby in my University team and we are in the Universitarian championship and we play in some trophies.
But, what do i mean with this? What i am trying to say is that we are developing the Rugby in Portugal, and there are more people interested in playing and in understanding the game.

Maybe in a couple of years we can have good young players capable of bring Portugal to a better level, a more competitive level among with the best.

Just remember that we have people wo cares about Rugby and about its Spirit... and no one will be disapointed with Portugal in WRC for i am sure they will play the best way they can!

in the meantime you should do what Georgia and Romania do and send your players to gain experience playing in the French Top 14 or D2 - it'll get you to the WC on a regular basis and the players can bring the knowledge of having played the game at a high level back to Portugal - if rugby one day gets popular enough perhaps you could enter a professional team in one of the European cups or in the French leagues - this was talked about in Spain for some time however pro rugby unfortunatley failed there a few years ago despite the game being widely televised on channels like TVE one would think this exposure would have helped but in the end wasn't enough

I am so happy that rugby has spread to Portugal enough for Portugal to actually knock out someone and make it to the RWC. The Portugese used to be world conquerors...hopefully they can show that Portugese men are mmore than just men of style and finesse like Christiano Ronaldo....that Portugese men are also hard tough men who can mix it up with the toughest in the world!

However this will not happen this year. The All Blacks will show the the Portugese their power and stength...their speed and agility.....their guile and creative genius. In the end Portugal will know that they engaged with demi-gods!

whatever happens they'll come back knowing what to expect at the WC level and will learn from it

whatever happens they'll come back knowing what to expect at the WC level and will learn from it
[/b]
Yes they will know exactly where they stand in the world. The players that play against the All Blacks will be the happiest players in Portugal!

But will they learn anything? Or will they just watch in awe?
[/b]

I think they will learn many things. And maybe this is the only way to improve and promote rugby in Portugal so that in the future we can have more and better good players.

Latest posts