• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Position Advice (for me)

woman%20on%20top.jpg

"The Cowgirl" is the position I most often advise. It feels great, plus you get the benifit of doing little work and being slapped in the face by her lovely boobs.
So, "knock" yourself silly with this tip from me, your friend.
[/b]
How about the "Louisiana Cowgirl" where you tell her you have AIDS and see how long you can hold on for.

another sexual trick is where you get them to give you head, just as you're about to pump your man juice.. force them to deep throat so they start choking, then your man juice gets pumped down their throat and back out through their nose....... :cheers:

anyway back on topic. i'm 17, eighteen in 2 months. heavier and stronger than most in my age group. and i did say myself i don't think i'm heavy enough to be a forward.

but good advice, i will ask my coach what he thinks i should do as he's probably the best informed.

I perfer starting off with my finger... Then proceeding with 4 fingers, then my fist, then my intire arm, then my shoulders, then wriggling in my intire head, then proceeding to climb in

Then i like to jump in and hide from her husben :):):)

Back on topic i like the Hooker roll or even the propstitute postition

anyway back on topic. i'm 17, eighteen in 2 months. heavier and stronger than most in my age group.[/b]
You say you're heavier and stronger than most in your age group (17), yet you say you are 11.5 stone and 5ft 10!

11.5 stone is 73kg/161lb! Thats small for a rugby playing 17 year old! You must be from a community of hobbits if you're heavier than most :p

I'm small for a forward around here and my age group is 18...I'm 6ft, 15 stone/95kg/209lb.

That water you boys are drinking musn't be too good!

<div class='quotemain'>

anyway back on topic. i'm 17, eighteen in 2 months. heavier and stronger than most in my age group.[/b]
You say you're heavier and stronger than most in your age group (17), yet you say you are 11.5 stone and 5ft 10!

11.5 stone is 73kg/161lb! Thats small for a rugby playing 17 year old! You must be from a community of hobbits if you're heavier than most :p

I'm small for a forward around here and my age group is 18...I'm 6ft, 15 stone/95kg/209lb.

[/b][/quote]

lol i guess i'm not too big, i was comparing myself to the non-rugby playing community also. but i have put on 1/2 a stone! :)

Anyways, I played in a game last Wednesday, it was our school's seconds side against a load of fat farmers and we lost :( I started as 14, then moved to 15, then to 13, then to 11 throughout the game :S the majority was on the wing(s) though. I didn't miss any tackles, chased kicks (which allowed me to place my shoulder up someones buttocks) and supported the runners. However, I only got the ball once in the whole game and this was not from the ball being passed down the line, it was from an opposition kick (then I fudging slipped when I side stepped someone). I was just wondering, does anyone else think that a wing doesn't see much of the ball? Especially if the preceding back line like running with the ball. It seems my team mates were selfish that match because 1, they didn't pass down, and 2, when I supported, they didn't offload they just took it in and lost the ball because the other team were fat farmers who ripped the ball. Also, when the ball goes down the line away from you, should I join the line or stay on my side?

As a winger it can be frustrating if your centres decide to crash it up all the time. However, just because the ball isn't coming down the line to you, it doesn't mean you can't go looking for work.

For example, when you are the blindside winger (ie. the ball is going down the line towards the opposite wing) you can cause huge damage if you run support lines inside the flyhalf or centres.

Communication is key, because there is no point you charging through on brilliant lines if your teammate doesn't know you are doing it. Get the timing right though and you instantly become a spare man in the line and, should the rest of your backs hold their men, there should be gaps you can exploit.

As a winger it can be frustrating if your centres decide to crash it up all the time. However, just because the ball isn't coming down the line to you, it doesn't mean you can't go looking for work.

For example, when you are the blindside winger (ie. the ball is going down the line towards the opposite wing) you can cause huge damage if you run support lines inside the flyhalf or centres.

Communication is key, because there is no point you charging through on brilliant lines if your teammate doesn't know you are doing it. Get the timing right though and you instantly become a spare man in the line and, should the rest of your backs hold their men, there should be gaps you can exploit.
[/b]

yes i did this once in my match and the full back told me to stay on the blindside :rahh: next time ill tell him to get fully full back !!!!!!!!! :eek:

Either centre, fullback or No.8 for you.
[/b]

hrrrrr i'm like 2 inches shorter and 1.5 stone lighter than our current fullback (i've put on 1 stone though :D)

<div class='quotemain'>
Either centre, fullback or No.8 for you.
[/b]

hrrrrr i'm like 2 inches shorter and 1.5 stone lighter than our current fullback (i've put on 1 stone though :D ) [/b][/quote]

You think Robinson was the largest fullback ever? If you've got your technique down (good under pressure, good kicking, passing, tackling, and knowledge of the game) you could be better than your current fullback.

If you are confused about what position you should play, watch some rugby matches (international preferably) and look for the best players in the positions you want to play. Watch their technique and how they play their position.

Im not sure if you have already, but asking your coach what position you are suited for would be the best way to find out where you should be placed. You shouldn't play a position you don't like playing; if you've got a preferable position, tell us, and we (TRF :p ) can advise of the do's and don'ts of said position!

Whoops did I say fullback, I meant number 8 :huh:

Stupidly enough I haven't actually asked my coach what position I should play. I'll do that next term.

And I like playing on the wing, cause I don't have to continuously work like a forward (I'm lazy), and don't have to continuously reposition like a fullback, and don't have too worry too much about passing out like a centre. (really lazy..) Thing is, rugby at college level, means people don't think about the game as much, for example the centres pass out rarely. Maybe I just need to convince them that I'm a good runner. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
6'1"/87kg atm and I'm playing at 5/8. I'm not fussed with bulking up as I dont usually crash ball, more like burn players with speed.

Aywhere in the backrow is a loose forward. However, at less then 6 foot I'd suggest putting on a bit more weight and playing hooker; You'll get eaten alive in the backrow if you're anything below 6'1".
[/b]
You don't always need to be over 6 ft 1" to play in the back row. Look at Neil Back, one of the best flankers in English rugby history. I'm only 5 ft 11 and I play openside. Being short doesn't mean you aren't as strong as others, I'm stronger than most props or second-rows.

Back to topic I'd recoment playing 13 if you are reasonably strong and quick, having a decent boot on you can be useful anywhere in the backs.

hey Im 16, 5 ft 10.5 still growing 13 and a half stone (of muscle) and i can run the 100m in 11.8 seconds. My coach wants me to play prop because we are short of forwards and Im the strongest in my team. In my opinion i think i should be an outside centre or flanker because i have experience in the backs and i can outpace our backs which to me shouldn't happen. I very rarely miss a tackle and Im good at one on one with the ball. Im not to sure what is my key position is but i do not want to be prop because i don't have fun in that position i know i'll have to start going into the gym instead of sprint training.
What should i do?

sorry pasted the wrong post. I would advise you to go with your gut feeling about the position and most of al if your in a position you don't like don't do play it, just have fun. In my opinion i think you should play open-side flanker

Latest posts