deedeedatiger

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Hi I'm 13,
6ft, can run 100m in 12 secs and weigh about 12 stone
I've been run around the mill a bit this year being put at centre, wing, fullback ,back row and second row but I want to know which position would be best to help development as my coaches often argue over where to put me and its all very confusing

All really depends on how good you are in the more technical areas. In attack hows your passing and ball carrying? Can you change direction quickly? Do you feel you understand the game well/better then your team-mates? Hows your kicking? Are you confident that you know how and when to kick and what type of kick you should use? Hows your Tackling? Can you take a high kick under pressure? How effective do you feel you are around the ruck area? Answering all these questions will help people give much better suggestions then just your physical stats and helps us build a more complete picture of you as a rugby player.

All really depends on how good you are in the more technical areas. In attack hows your passing and ball carrying? Can you change direction quickly? Do you feel you understand the game well/better then your team-mates? Hows your kicking? Are you confident that you know how and when to kick and what type of kick you should use? Hows your Tackling? Can you take a high kick under pressure? How effective do you feel you are around the ruck area? Answering all these questions will help people give much better suggestions then just your physical stats and helps us build a more complete picture of you as a rugby player.

I am more of a ball carrying player and often break tackles, I understand better than the normal people and spend my life on YouTube watching rugby :D. Change of direction is good but not the best and can only spin pass in one direction. I've got a decent kick but often slice under pressure. Tackling depends on the day as sometimes I tackle low and make every tackle and some I just go high and drag. Rucking is decent and can pilfer the ball in the ruck a fair bit

Oh and I have a 6ft 4 arm span so can often hand off and take the ball round the outside of an opponent

I think you should focus on passing off both hands and look at being an 12 or 13. I think there is a general shortage of good centres around at lower levels and you get to have the ball a fair bit. If your looking to move into serious rugby i'd try and settle on a specific postion but if your just doing it for fun in the lower levels just player everywhere as it will keep the game fresh.

I think you should focus on passing off both hands and look at being an 12 or 13. I think there is a general shortage of good centres around at lower levels and you get to have the ball a fair bit. If your looking to move into serious rugby i'd try and settle on a specific postion but if your just doing it for fun in the lower levels just player everywhere as it will keep the game fresh.

I want to get as far as i can in rugby, but would I make it farther as a centre or back row as they're similar in aspects.

Sounds like you'd make a good 12 to me. If you can get your passing up to standard on your other hand and iron out the flaws in your tackling, your speed and size will make you a nightmare for opposition 10's when you come steaming down their channel. Your coaches should listen to your input on where you want too play, if you do decide on 12 tell them that so it can be taken into consideration. The fact your watching a lot of rugby is great and possibly one of the easiest ways to improve your overall game. But i'd try to watch more full matches and less YouTube highlights reels.

Sounds like you'd make a good 12 to me. If you can get your passing up to standard on your other hand and iron out the flaws in your tackling, your speed and size will make you a nightmare for opposition 10's when you come steaming down their channel. Your coaches should listen to your input on where you want too play, if you do decide on 12 tell them that so it can be taken into consideration. The fact your watching a lot of rugby is great and possibly one of the easiest ways to improve your overall game. But i'd try to watch more full matches and less YouTube highlights reels.

ok thanks sure will do ! I have a meeting with them at the start of the season to see where I want to go with my rugby so will definitely ask to go centre

I'm 15 'bout the same size as you, I play 12, you should play where you feel comfortable and that's how you will go far with your rugby because you'll be enjoying it but if you want to go far with your rugby get your passing excellent as well as your tackling

Thanks for all the support guys I have trained hard stayed as back/ row second row. Am now 6ft 1 and 14 stone 6lbs, have gone on to represent sarries academy numerous time and am still 14 ;). Am aiming for England age groups over the next couple years as a target

Thanks for all the support guys I have trained hard stayed as back/ row second row. Am now 6ft 1 and 14 stone 6lbs, have gone on to represent sarries academy numerous time and am still 14 ;). Am aiming for England age groups over the next couple years as a target

Jaysus I'm 14, 6ft 1 and only 10 and half stone :p I play back row too :D Also, best of luck with the Sarries academy and getting into an England underage squad over the next few years!

Latest posts