• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Positions Attributes

samoanstallion

Academy Player
I just wanted to know some of the attributes of positions.

like full back - speed,kicking power, etc

but if you could do all positions starting from prop would be great.

Sorry for this, but theres so many good players to pick, but then it comes down to the attributes because its just a game.

Thanks

prop -strength, scruming etc a template like this.
hooker
lock
flanker
no.8
scrum half
first five
second five
centre
wing
fullback

hooker -hooking(ovbiously)
lock -lines outs,not too much agresivnes & handing
flanker -tackling,ruckin,scrumagning & agresion(all of this,they have to be from 84 to 92...aproximatly)
no.8 -the same as flanker
scrum half -passing,agility,speed...and there are some that have agresivnes & talckle or goal kicking & kicking power...but the pass is the most important...
fly half -kicking(all the qualities)passing,and speed
centres -speed,agility...and like the scrum half there are ones who have,agresion & takling(like ma'a nonu) or goal kicking & kicking power(like mcalister)
wings -agility,the mos important...and some agresion doesn't make any danger
fullbacks -tackling,agresion,kicking(all the qualities) and agility

You forgot the throwing for a hooker, one of their most important attributes

One thing i was thinking before, does the hooker have to throw? Like is it in the rules? Or is it just that it makes sense for the hooker to throw to leave the props to lift, loose 5 to jump and backs to attack/defend?

I say that because when i was younger i used to think that it HAD to be the 10 that kicked for goal, but now i know that it's just normally that 10s are the better kickers, and these days there's other positions that kick as well (like Halfpenny from the wing, Barkley at cetre, Parra at SH)

@ olly : i think it just makes sense for a hooker to throw with him usually being the smallest member of the pack which leaves the bigger guys ie. the props to do the lifting.
i had always wondered about that aswell concerning hookers.

@master 720: also you forgot to include speed for wingers, and acceleration. these i imagine are quite important for those who are meant to be the fastest in the team and the most likely scorers, although there are some contradictions (Matt Banahan - who looks every part the forward pretending to be a wing that he is)

One thing i was thinking before, does the hooker have to throw? Like is it in the rules? Or is it just that it makes sense for the hooker to throw to leave the props to lift, loose 5 to jump and backs to attack/defend?

I say that because when i was younger i used to think that it HAD to be the 10 that kicked for goal, but now i know that it's just normally that 10s are the better kickers, and these days there's other positions that kick as well (like Halfpenny from the wing, Barkley at cetre, Parra at SH)

Any forward is allowed to throw the ball into the lineout, but as you said it just makes sense for the Hooker to do it. Being a relatively short flanker and a basketball player i used to throw the ball in from time to time, it gave us the luxury of playing three tighthead props to try and compete with some of the bigger packs around.
I think that its just such a core role of a hooker and they practice so much that their aren't too many hookers out their who could be bested at lineout throwing by the other players in the pack. That being said SA could probably do with John Smit throwing the ball in from tighthead prop sometimes.

Yeah!!! I'am with ranger,you know,for eg I'am scrum half but I throw the line outs,although of course,the hooker've the priority of throw line outs,but as ranger said,sometimes the hooker could be the taller,or the one wich have more strenth in the fowards!!!

cheers,master720full

Latest posts