• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Possible Corruption in France

A

An Tarbh

Could be the makings of quite a story here. 16 former and current managers of Top 14 and ProD2 sides have been questioned by the police over possible fraudulent deals with a certain agent in the recruitment of players.

The clubs involved include Montpellier, Toulon, Biarritz, Bayonne, Aurillac and Narbonne while the rest of the clubs aren't yet known to the public.

The deals in question date back to the 2005-06 season.

Rugbyrama

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 4 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could be the makings of quite a story here. 16 former and current managers of Top 14 and ProD2 sides have been questioned by the police over possible fraudulent deals with a certain agent in the recruitment of players.

The clubs involved include Montpellier, Toulon, Biarritz, Bayonne, Aurillac and Narbonne while the rest of the clubs aren't yet known to the public.

Rugbyrama[/b]
Wouldn't be surprised with all the signings several French clubs have made over the past
few years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 3 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 4 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
Wouldn't be surprised with all the signings several French clubs have made over the past
few years.
[/b][/quote]

Rugbyrama is the only site that speaks about that so let us not rush into anything.
And it says that the possible frauds happend during the season 2005-2006, so before all the massive signings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Feb 3 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

Rugbyrama is the only site that speaks about that so let us not rush into anything.
And it says that the possible frauds happend during the season 2005-2006, so before all the massive signings.
[/b][/quote]

it's also on planetrugby which doesn't make it anymore true or false.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Anyway they have already managed to roll-up a scandal, the main Aim of Mass-Media

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

what's your problem with rugbyrama, it's midi olympique and eurosport, I've always thought midi olympique was reliable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

what's your problem with rugbyrama, it's midi olympique and eurosport, I've always thought midi olympique was reliable.
[/b][/quote]

I have no problem with Rugbyrama, it's a very good website. But their goal is to shoot articles faster than Lequipe.fr, and it has happened before that they were wrong. More probably in that case, they make a big deal out of something not so big.

If real fraud payments were made to an agent, it is normal that all the clubs in touch with this agent are investigated, which does not mean that all of them were involved.

Let's just wait for more information...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I have no problem with Rugbyrama, it's a very good website. But their goal is to shoot articles faster than Lequipe.fr, and it has happened before that they were wrong. More probably in that case, they make a big deal out of something not so big.

If real fraud payments were made to an agent, it is normal that all the clubs in touch with this agent are investigated, which does not mean that all of them were involved.

[/b][/quote]

well l'equipe are now running the story albeit quoting the original on rugbyrama but surely they'd have confirmation that an investigation is underway from the police before they published the story or are journalistic standards in France as crap as in the UK?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well l'equipe are now running the story albeit quoting the original on rugbyrama but surely they'd have confirmation that an investigation is underway from the police before they published the story or are journalistic standards in France as crap as in the UK?
[/b][/quote]

I'm just saying that these sports newspapers in France like to "reveal scandals" or announce them before anyone else even hears about them. Sometimes not investigating before they shoot the facts on the internet, in order to be the first ones.
As it is now said in rugbyrama, facts date back to 2005, about one South African agent, and seven clubs (2 in top 14 and 5 in ProD2) are being heard by the police. These clubs might have had contacts with that agent. So by now, what I hear are alledged facts about possible fraud payments to one guy. Not so big a fuss I reckon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'm just saying that these sports newspapers in France like to "reveal scandals" or announce them before anyone else even hears about them. Sometimes not investigating before they shoot the facts on the internet, in order to be the first ones.
As it is now said in rugbyrama, facts date back to 2005, about one South African agent, and seven clubs (2 in top 14 and 5 in ProD2) are being heard by the police. These clubs might have had contacts with that agent. So by now, what I hear are alledged facts about possible fraud payments to one guy. Not so big a fuss I reckon.
[/b][/quote]

but from the tone of the article they don't seem to be going out of their way to sensationalise things, it just seems that they're reporting what has happened so far, there's been no wild allegations made about certain clubs or certain dealings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 4 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 3 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugbyrama[/b]
few years.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

but from the tone of the article they don't seem to be going out of their way to sensationalise things, it just seems that they're reporting what has happened so far, there's been no wild allegations made about certain clubs or certain dealings.

[/b][/quote]

This afternoon, the conclusion of the article was "maybe one of the darkest pages in the history of french rugby" or something like that. I think it's stupid and farfetched.
But maybe I am a bit french too and I myself like to make a big deal out of not much :lol:

I think that it's an insult for french rugby, and i also think that rumors of that kind should not exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thekrl @ Feb 4 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that it's an insult for french rugby, and i also think that rumors of that kind should not exist[/b]

it's hardly rumours if they've named some of the clubs that have been questioned by police, it's not rumours that they've been questioned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thekrl @ Feb 4 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that it's an insult for french rugby, and i also think that rumors of that kind should not exist[/b]

<_< I don't think anyone is trying to insult french rugby, and certainly not rugbyrama, as it is Midi Olympique's website. The only thing is: why do they have to talk about a case they know nothing about, thus causing useless speculations in the public, instead of just waiting for facts and reliable sources?

I bet we'll soon realize that only a few clubs were actually involved, and we already know it was just one SA agent accused.

Isn't possible ! No corrumption in France in rugby ! Rugbyrama is same that "Closer"

Latest posts