Post International Rugby Blues.

SomeOke

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
I hate this period, sure I'm off University for 2 months, sure the weather is at it's very best, sure it's Xmas and New Years but sadly I'm going to have to experience all of this while going through major rugby withdrawal. 2 Months off just means boredom especially without my favourite pass-time.

After 9 months of Rugby we have to go just less than 3 without, and it sucks.

My question is how does SH TRF deal with this drought?
I know there's seven's on but I've never really gotten as hooked to it as I would like, for all it's flashiness it can sometimes feel formulaic and one-dimensional, both the actual game and the playing schedule. Don't get me wrong I'll watch a lot of it but it feels like giving sherbet to a meth addict.

I could watch European rugby, but I have no idea where to start, what league to watch, which teams are good in those leagues and I'm pretty sure the broadcasting coverage of European rugby leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway - thoughts, ideas?

I watch european football in the early morning and then enjoy the sumer during the day

I have to admit finding the AI a little boring...they dont mean much...last got excited about a game for the ITM Championship Final

Perhaps following the Heineken Cup would be your best bet. It's not a league format playing every wee so you don't have to make a massive committment in terms of getting into it. The next round of games is on the 7th, 8th and 9th and feature some absolutely mouth watering ties. Here's a list of some of the games of the weekend and some SH'ers who could be playing in them for a bit of local interest.

Northampton vs Ulster - could well decide who comes out of this pool. Ulster were finalists last year and Saints the year before. Should be a cracker.
SH'ers likely to be involved: Brian Mujati (SA), Saone Tonga'uiha (TGA), Gerrit-Jan Van Velze (SA), John Afoa (NZ), Johann Muller (SA), Nick Williams (NZ), Ruan Pienaar (SA), Jared Payne (NZ)

Munster vs Saracens - Munster need a win to keep their hopes of getting out of the group alive. Saracens have looked good in Europe and will fancy their chances at a bonus point at least.
SH'ers likely to be involved: BJ Botha (SA), Wian Du Preez (SA), CJ Stander (SA), Casey Lualala (NZ), Doug Howlett (NZ), Schalk Brits (SA), John Smit (SA), Alistair Hargreaves (SA), Jacques Burger (NAM), Ernst Joubert (SA), Neil de Kock (SA), Brad Barritt (SA :p)

^You should watch this one. It's basically a bloody Currie Cup game.

Clermont vs Leinster - The European champions travel depleted to the toughest place to go in Europe. Clermont will be out for revenge following last year's defeat at the hands of Leinster in the semi's, while the champions will likely need to take a bonus point to have hopes of finishing top of the group.
SH'ers likely to be involved: Heinke Van Der Merwe (SA), Richardt Strauss (SA), Brock James (AUS), Sitiveni Sivivatu (NZ), Napolioni Nalanga (FIJI), Benson Stanley (NZ), Regan King (NZ).

There are others, but these look like the three stand out games of the week to me. Toulouse vs Ospreys could be worth a watch too.

Sale vs Toulon as well - guaranteed lots of tries :)() and Toulon are basically a Barbarians side.
Their squad includes the likes of Matt Giteau, David Smith, Jonny Wilkinson, Freddie Michalak, Carl Hayman, Bakkies Botha, Andrew Sheridan, Chris Masoe, Simon Shaw, Delon & Steffon Armitage, Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe, Danie Rossouw and more.

you would also have the benefit of being in the same (or similar) time zone to the H Cup

Football until the Sharks are back, probably.
Withdrawals setting in now.

This year will be harder than ever before.

- NHL lock-out
- Nothing to do around the house since I just moved into a new place, brand-new!
- The wait is even longer (Sharks only play the 23rd of February)

- NHL lock-out
- Nothing to do around the house since I just moved into a new place, brand-new!

Maybe we should encourage some more spambots then ;)

- NHL lock-out

Good Reason to play Fifa13, Hitman: Absolution, Assassins Creed 3 and whatever else you want...

At least there's cricket also now so the holidays won't be that boring...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Maybe we should encourage some more spambots then ;)

Ehm, please no!!!

Good Reason to play Fifa13, Hitman: Absolution, Assassins Creed 3 and whatever else you want...

At least there's cricket also now so the holidays won't be that boring...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I did download Far Cry 3 earlier this week so I will start playing that.

Once the Rugby is over for the year, I start watching NFL every weekend right through to the Superbowl on the first Monday (NZ time) in February, which just happens to be Nelson Anniversary day, so a public holiday.

Latest posts