Potential citings for Quarterfinals

saulan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
I heard that Pocock may be in trouble for a knee in their last match against Wales. I didn't see the incident so would be interested to hear other opinions on the incident?

There is also concern over Sean O'Brien allegedly punching Pascal Pape in the stomach in the first minute of the France-Ireland match. Personally I don't think it looks to good for him as it does look like a proper strike from footage. This would really not be ideal for the Irish side as they unfortunately lost a significant number of players to injury in that last match already.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup-2015-ireland-flanker-sean-obrien-punches-french-lock-pascal-pape-in-the-stomach-20151011-gk6kkq.html

Any other potential citings from the last round of games?

Under tournament rules, the opposing team has 12 hours after the game to cite a player. This did not happen.The citing commissioner appointed to the game has 36 hours. This has not happened yet and he has about one hour left to do so! When I say it has happened, it hasn't been reported as happened..

The pocock incident looks bad from one angle but very harmless from another. The guy obviously wasn't hurt. Would be very surprised if anything else comes of this.

I'd like to see players cited for holding onto other players off the ball. Happens far too much

Why? The citing commissioner has had time to look at the incident from several angles and deemed there is no case to answer

Alright fellas, if a bloke is holding on to you off the ball, give him a knee to the ribs, it's fair game.

Anyone care to explain the difference here in Tuilagi vs Pocock?

He didn't knee him. Look at it closely and objectively. His foot is trapped and he levers himself away. Stop being a mug, you will give other New Zealanders a bad name. If you know anything about David pocock, you would know he is simply not that sort of player. Case closed, move along!

That's not what I saw. He clearly raises his knee towards the player. It's a knee to the ribs, clear as day.

Clear to your eyes. Not to the citing commissioner or the Welsh team who could have cited him. Case closed

He didn't knee him. Look at it closely and objectively. His foot is trapped and he levers himself away. Stop being a mug, you will give other New Zealanders a bad name. If you know anything about David pocock, you would know he is simply not that sort of player. Case closed, move along!

Oh shut up, he clearly knees him http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...es-scott-baldwin/story-e6frf4zl-1227566107921

The whole he's a great bloke stuff doesn't exonerate him from foul play punishment. But whatever, case closed I guess.

Basically the panel are a bunch of inconsistent cowards, Poey the inform player, they won't take action, "for the sake of the tournament".

Typical. Galarza accidentally uses his hands near the eye area of an opponent in a maul and his world cup is finished.

O'Brien purposely punches another player and he's still to be cited.

Typical. Galarza accidentally uses his hands near the eye area of an opponent in a maul and his world cup is finished.

O'Brien purposely punches another player and he's still to be cited.

Their match was only yesterday and a player may be cited up to 36 hours after their match has ended. He still could be.

if o'brien isnt cited id be very shocked. i know the guy was holding on but that was a clear shot to the ribs, he'll be very lucky to get away with that

But, but.... wait a minute

767x388_50_50.jpg

If it were me hauled up in front of the panel - I'd ask:

"When are you folks going to start punishing those that hold players in stopping them getting back into the defensive line? Till you start doing that, the player's expectation is that it is allowed to be sorted out on the field."

Then, upon banning me, I'd go straight to the nearest reporters and denounce them as a bunch of inept f**kwits that aren't at all capable of administering the laws of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

But, but.... wait a minute

A durty, durty chunt.

Its not exactly a sterling start to any defence by rolling out Tuilagi as an example of innocence.

If it were me hauled up in front of the panel - I'd ask:

"When are you folks going to start punishing those that hold players in stopping them getting back into the defensive line? Till you start doing that, the player's expectation is that it is allowed to be sorted out on the field."

Then, upon banning me, I'd go straight to the nearest reporters and denounce them as a bunch of inept f**kwits that aren't at all capable of administering the laws of the game.

Hmm... As much as I agree holding back players off the ball is currently a blight to the sport, I don't think your plan would go too well. In fact, I'm quite sure your ban would be increased to something between six months to a year. Or maybe a rather large fine. Either way, not a good plan.

Latest posts