• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Potential citings for Quarterfinals

I would certainly advocate some sort of sanction on this forum for incessant, unfounded claims of bias.

What about O'Brian's punch makes you think that it was closer to a mid-range offence, not a low end one? Given that there was a degree of provocation, his previous record is good and he will no doubt have shown contrition. All in all, it's a LE ban (2 weeks) reduced to one week for previous record and good conduct for me.

bias??? direct punch to the stomach with no other intention than hurting. How is that even a discussion? This is 4-5 minimum for an aggression. Whoever is the player or the whatever is the match. A french would have done the same thing i d expect a harsh sanction as well. Rugby field isnt a place for that, simple. U wanna brawl, u go in mma business.

Pape stuck a finger up SOBs Arse that was why he struck. And fwiw if there's a citing it probably won't be said until near end of 36hours

No reason for O'Brien to react like a tw*t. He should be banned for the rest of WC

66833f079de6757c2919b56ff5e51720.jpg

A number of journalists are tweeting that SO'B got two weeks and it was reduced to one.

Oh the humanity.

Just to clarify, the general consensus in Ireland is that O'Brien was very silly. I expect him to get a ban, the hope is that he will plead guilty and get a 2 week ban, reduced to 1 because of his clean record. Anyone who thinks he is innocent is deluded.

This was an excellent call.

In the context of a fight I'd probably say this was fair. But I felt it was an attack. For our amazing game and all its rules, the disciplnary process will forever boggle me. I'm not going to go wild and say he needs a life ban, but 1 week?

Its official, 2 week ban reduced to one due to good record. He will miss the Argentina match and no more.

This was an excellent call.

In the context of a fight I'd probably say this was fair. But I felt it was an attack. For our amazing game and all its rules, the disciplnary process will forever boggle me. I'm not going to go wild and say he needs a life ban, but 1 week?

I guess context plays a part. Which is more of a punishment for a player, missing a World Cup quarter final or four Pro 12 games?

A number of journalists are tweeting that SO'B got two weeks and it was reduced to one.

Oh the humanity.

That I think is fair overall. I know it's a strike but it was open handed and I think Pape made a meal of it. Yes SOB was silly and should've known better but equally it's not like he potentially could've damaged him.

I guess context plays a part. Which is more of a punishment for a player, missing a World Cup quarter final or four Pro 12 games?

The former, of course. I'm treading carefully here Feic, because I don't know the process well enough to criticise it completely! It's almost as complicated as a law case. You only have to start to read how a physical assault is treated in law to realise how much context is a big factor of the crime, which can impact the punishment!

It goes without saying that SO'B is a big loss to Ireland. Argentina are going to be very physical at the breakdown. He's also a big loss to my fantasy team ;).

The former, of course. I'm treading carefully here Feic, because I don't know the process well enough to criticise it completely! It's almost as complicated as a law case. You only have to start to read how a physical assault is treated in law to realise how much context is a big factor of the crime, which can impact the punishment!

It goes without saying that SO'B is a big loss to Ireland. Argentina are going to be very physical at the breakdown. He's also a big loss to my fantasy team ;).

Add in it depends on the judicial officer.

Pape wasn't expecting that and was dropped instantly by the force of the punch. He was pretty much blindsided with no provocation. That's a straight red in my book....which begs the question what would the outcome have been if Ireland had had to play 79 and a half minutes with 14 men.

And where was the TMO when he was needed?

Its official, 2 week ban reduced to one due to good record. He will miss the Argentina match and no more.

What a joke! Did someone bribe the disciplinary committee ? It's a punch for goodness sake, and what's worse, Pape had to be treated because of it.

So Pascal Pape had a feel of O'Brien's bum to try and get a reaction and got it?? Hmmmmm The citing commissioner must have seen this photo, or believed the excuse O'Brien gave to give such a low end suspension. I would be ****ting rage-bullets right now if I was Tuilagi, Nadolo or a Frenchman!

The fact is that England are out, and the RWC makes up the bulk of Rugby's total cash-base, so home nations teams progressing far means more money is made up from England's disaster.

Latest posts