• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

~ Potential International Super Clash ~

sounds like a great match to help grow the game in america; preferably in Washington D.C.

Thought the rumours were to be played in November in Twickenham. The New Zealand v Baa Baas game will be rescheduled

I hope we say no.

Our injury count to our All Blacks just 3 weeks into the Super Rugby season is huge. Next season I can only see it getting worse if we add extra games to an already long season.

The All Blacks were on their last legs in last years EOTY. We were shattered and a long way from our best by the time we got to Paris.

It's too much rugby and too much travel for them.

Say no, unless they want to come out and visit us at Eden Park.

I hope we say no.

Our injury count to our All Blacks just 3 weeks into the Super Rugby season is huge. Next season I can only see it getting worse if we add extra games to an already long season.

The All Blacks were on their last legs in last years EOTY. We were shattered and a long way from our best by the time we got to Paris.

It's too much rugby and too much travel for them.

Say no, unless they want to come out and visit us at Eden Park.

I think fans of both sides are hoping both teams say no TBH.

I think fans of both sides are hoping both teams say no TBH.
Nope I'm quite happy, glad the record has got both nations talking again.

England only have 3 games and we won't really learn much we don't already know against Argentina (playing 4 times this year), Samoa & Australia (beat 4 times last year).
We need continual challenges otherwise we won't continue to build.

Personally, i don't see what anyone other than the bean-counters expect to get out of a slug fest between 2 teams suffering severe fatigue and injuries.

Even the bean-counters are unlikely to be happy, as NZ want 50% or the gate, and PRL want 50% of the gate, Holst the cost of hosting will be about 20% of the gate.

Probably shouldn't happen. This isn't MMA, we don't screw about with the fixture list based on 'showdowns' and 'grudge matches' that come out of the media. That kind of thing keeps more money circling around a few pockets.

It is pretty poor that we didn't get an England-NZ test in the regular autumn window two years in a row though. It should have been sorted properly.

We should play New Zealand once a year anyway. Why is there always such big gaps when we seem to play Australia every other week?

Every autumn it should be 3 of the RC teams and one of them should always be New Zealand.

We should play New Zealand once a year anyway. Why is there always such big gaps when we seem to play Australia every other week?

Every autumn it should be 3 of the RC teams and one of them should always be New Zealand.
I'm happy with 2 and it rotating every other year + one Tier 2 nation and NEVER being the one we toured that Summer.

At the end of this year currently we will have played the last 2 years
Argentina = 4
Australia = 5
South Africa = 1
New Zealand = 0

That's just stupid.

If the best countries play each other every year the World Cup starts to mean nothing.

Probably shouldn't happen. This isn't MMA, we don't screw about with the fixture list based on 'showdowns' and 'grudge matches' that come out of the media. That kind of thing keeps more money circling around a few pockets.

It is pretty poor that we didn't get an England-NZ test in the regular autumn window two years in a row though. It should have been sorted properly.

Agree on both counts.

Wasn't it because of the ABs wanting the gate percentage that caused the hiatus?

This game is just a set up and bait by the RU.

I hear the BaaBaa's is going to be veto'ed as well.

I can see this whole situation turning sour and there will be media goading if we say no.

Agree on both counts.

Wasn't it because of the ABs wanting the gate percentage that caused the hiatus?

They can only currently ask for gate percentage on the fourth international I believe.

Not sure why there hasn't been a regular November international scheduled.

They can only currently ask for gate percentage on the fourth international I believe.

Not sure why there hasn't been a regular November international scheduled.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...o-veto-Barbarians-game-with-All-Blacks-report

New Zealand are said to be demanding half the profit from such a massive match-up, which could fall at around the $5 million mark; England, of course, would like to drive a harder bargain. NZR boss Steve Tew is staying tight-lipped, but given it's a potential fixture being driven by demand in the north he will no doubt dig in for the best deal possible at a time when every dollar helps in the retention of key talent.

Discussions are finished, the match will not be going ahead;

Looking forward to hearing Eddie Jones goading and trolling & the media's. It's always a laugh :lol:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...in-november-with-hope-of-england-clash-dashed

The All Blacks will not be playing England at the end of the year, with the RFU set to green-light New Zealand's game against the Barbarians.

England, fresh from joining the All Blacks with a tier 1 record 18 consecutive test victories, had hoped to test their best against the world champion All Blacks in November, with their side on top of their game.

But according to the Daily Mail's Chris Foy, those hopes have been dashed as NZ Rugby chief executive Steve Tew has insisted his side plays the Barbarians, rather than a hastily put together test against England.

Clearly the RFU didn't offer enough of the gate. I refuse to believe NZ players and coaches would rather play the Baa Baa's which is an almost dead concept.

TBH I'd remove the ability to play out of windows tests to stop stupid negation inpasses like this.

Clearly the RFU didn't offer enough of the gate. I refuse to believe NZ players and coaches would rather play the Baa Baa's which is an almost dead concept.

TBH I'd remove the ability to play out of windows tests to stop stupid negation inpasses like this.

I didn't see much of a problem with giving us a good majority of the gate. It's an impromptu invite & a chance to measure yourselves more than anything, why should we be obliged or goaded into this match?

The request was made a little too prematurely on your behalf as well, making it prior to the Irish game took away some of your focus I believe. Thinking too far ahead.

Last edited:

Latest posts