• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre Match Build Up

Kdog

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
What gets you going before a match and/or during?

Not 12 Jagerbombs the night before, I can tell you that for nothing!

Not 12 Jagerbombs the night before, I can tell you that for nothing!
My second match of the season was the day after my birthday, and i took a shoulder barge to the forehead not long after coming on. That wasn't appreciated, i'll tell you that for nothing!

I don't really have anything specific prematch, i'll listen to music on the way to the pitch, but nothing specific/i'd probably be listening to music anyway, so there's no difference there really. Have a captain/someone on the team who gets everyone riled up prior to kickoff/at half time is good though

My captain last year was quite funny in that he'd use 'motherfucker' as every second word. It's hard to get really psyched when he talks, and you're then running to half way shouting 'I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!'

Well, I would get my strappings done, and after that, while listening to music, I would start writing my favourite bible verse, draw the cross, and then pray. After that it's all team build up.

sorry for double posting, just realised I can't edit my post.. :( well, I wanted to add, I write and draw on my wrist strap...

Lots of cider.

He didn't say build-up to playing sepcifically did he :lol:

..eh well i start listening to some music on the way up to game
tape up my gammy fingers..
strap up any more serious injuries
get into my gear
warm up with captain taking us aside and talking to each player individualy telling him what he expects from him in the game
before kick off the team huddles ..depending on the year our captain either gives an amazing speech that gets everyone phsyched..or says " right " every second word with his sentances punctuated by .."****" ..still works though :p

i get my kit on fully prepeared
(im always early so im ready while most people are still getting ready)
listen to speeches from movies and rugby
eg paul o'connells manic agression, are deepest fear from coach carter
the soldiers song nd irelands call also on it (i know cheesey but it gets me patriotic and fired up)
i then give out a speech on the game what we should do and all
then game time!

No, he just enjoys staring at himself in the mirror in the changing rooms pregame.
It's why there's often glittery-lipgloss kiss marks all over it as well

gavin henson once thought he had died and gone to heaven

in fact hewas just standing in a hall of mirrors

Is it bad that I actually think of Gavin Henson before a match?

Latest posts