• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre Season games.

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
Bristol started Pre-Season today by losing (standard) 41-21 in Biarittz. A good showing from the team by all accounts. Will post report as I see it.

Who are your teams playing before the start of the season?

I know that tonight there is:

Sarries vs Toulon
Bath vs Melbourne Rebels
Northampton Saints vs Russia

Sale Sharks are playing the two Scottish Pro12 teams, but their first isn't until next week
A "Sale Sharks XV", mainly made up of Academy players and new signings, is playing Fylde tomorrow (a local amateur side)

Lyon 38-10 Ospreys
Ricky Januarie, amongst others, scored a try for Lyon, while Matthew Morgan got a long-range drop goal for the Os, and Ben John scored a try, converted by Barry Davies.

Not a good sign. A more endeering signal, though, is this that the Blues are beating Pontypridd 30-6 at the mo, thanks to tries from Czekaj, Mustoe, Macualy Cook and some chap called Allen.

Scarlets play Rotherham ***ans tomorrow in Dafydd Jones' testamonial.

Worcester vs the rebels on monday should be a good game

Results from tonight:

Bath 15 - 0 Melbourne Rebels
Toulon 26 - 17 Saracens
Northampton Saints 54 - 19 Russia

La Rochelle 19 - Munster 14.

Good workout from our point of view. Was 19-7 at HT. Tries scored by Scott Deasy after nice work from Zebo. And Ian Keatley, who impressed, got try after coming on in 2nd half.

Lyon 38-10 Ospreys
Ricky Januarie, amongst others, scored a try for Lyon, while Matthew Morgan got a long-range drop goal for the Os, and Ben John scored a try, converted by Barry Davies.

Not a good sign. A more endeering signal, though, is this that the Blues are beating Pontypridd 30-6 at the mo, thanks to tries from Czekaj, Mustoe, Macualy Cook and some chap called Allen.

Shows we have strength in depth ;) Not a good sign at all, in saying that when i looked at the squad i didn't see many names i recognized :( :( I opening months of pro12 being hard during world cup, we will struggle :( :(

Lyon 38-10 Ospreys

Blues ended up winning 37 - 6. Two different XVs for each half I think. The Allen who you mention is Cory Allen, he was in the year below me at school, very good prospect tbf! Played with him a few times for my school, big bloke, played a fair bit of age grade rugby for both the Blues and Wales as far as I know. This would explain why his profile picture on his facebook is him in a Blues kit, was wondering whether he'd been called up or not.

Bloody Hell, Ulster gone done!

Great to hear Murphy's back playing

Tait as well, for that matter - do you know what position he played in?

Scarlets 37 Rotherham 25
Scarlets tries by Aaron Shingler, Andy Fenby, Rhodri Gomer-Davies, Lee Rees(2)

Bloody Hell, Ulster gone done!

Great to hear Murphy's back playing

Tait as well, for that matter - do you know what position he played in?
Disagree with that,

People don't realise how much the french teams are ahead in their pre-season and well how much more they are settled

Disagree with that,

People don't realise how much the french teams are ahead in their pre-season and well how much more they are settled

Guess that kinda explains why (apart from the ones playing other French teams obviously) not a single French club lost in psychic ducks list of results! Doubt it means much, pre-season results never really and truly have an effect on how the season will pan out for a club. For example the Blues had a terrible pre-season the year they won the Challenge Cup, though that might have something to do with Norton-Knightmare...

Scarlets 37 Rotherham 25
Scarlets tries by Aaron Shingler, Andy Fenby, Rhodri Gomer-Davies, Lee Rees(2)

Didn't realise Gomer-Davies had moved to the Scarlets! Rate him quite highly, always did a good job for the Dragons, occaisionally injury prone though. He will definitely have a chance to try and cement his place in the squad considering it's very likely that Jon Davies and Scott Williams will be in the Welsh World Cup squad. Come to think of it, what other centres do the Scarlets have? Apart from those three, I can't think of any, especially since Regan King has gone!
EDIT: Just remembered Gareth Maule! Still, off the top of my head can't think of any more though.

Last edited:
Yes the French are ahead of rest by 3/4 weeks in their planning. And well add in this year yhe french teams have more depht while the rest of us are competing without man international lads and well alot of young guys are getting time.

Disagree with that,

Makes our result so good, from what I hear Biarritz took us lightly with a strong side and we actually led at ht. Then they turned on the style after that and ran away with it.

Christ, no points in the 2nd half?

Warriors points came from 3 tries, Rebels from a Cippers penalty

Good result for Warriors though :D

yeah i no worcester defence was rock solid rebels were coming at them throughout the second half but couldn't scored. Im very happy with the result

Latest posts