• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pre-season nutrition and regime - youth player

jasperm

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
hello,
i am a 15 year old county, club and school rugby player, my favouried position is open side flanker.
ive got a goal and that is to get as higher level as i can with my rugby, and start taking it a lot more seriously than just a hobbie, because i am determained to forfill my goal :D
how ever i need to some sort of regime that i can stick to that will help me to reach my full petential. in this regime i need to have a good and well balenced diet so i am eating the righ stuff and also complies with physical exersize training.

but this is where the problem lies, i dont have much of a clue about the right balance of nutrition and exersize, so i want some help from people who do know. like you :p( i havent got alot of money at my disposal, so i cant pay proffesionals to help me out on this there for i decided to come on to a fourm like this one)

so what i am asking is tips on a nutritional regime that i am able to stick to.
i would really appreichete any help at all.

just a bit of info that could prove use to you:
im 15 years old as i have already said
75 kg (not sure if this would be any help)
5 ft 8 ish(still got some growing to do :rolleyes:)
i have 8 weeks before i start club training and 6 weeks befor i start school training
i have 6 weeks of summer holidays
i will be runnin about 2 miles a day then gradually build up on that
i havent any weights, however when at school in 6 weeks will be able to use them

i hope this info will give you some idea of what im like
and basically what i aim to get from this write up is a pre season diet and a good exersize regime that eiter i can write up or if someone has one with the same sort of thing i am after i would be greatly thankfull if they could email me a copy

so thank you a lo if you hav sepnt this time reading this, im tryed my best to word it but notto good at explaining my self so sorry if i comfused you:p

cheers a lad, Jasper

sorry for the spelling mistakes to :p and also is it worth me starting to use protine shakes or simular thing? if so any ideas to which sort??

thanks again

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I found this site is vague enough so that the meals are strict/boring, but has enough info so that you're eating fairly well:
http://www.mealplansite.com/sports-rugby-teenager.aspx

For exercises, if you have no weights etc. during the summer work on your agility and speed, do plyometric work (google for specific exercises) and fartlek/sprint training

Protein shakes should only be used as a supplement to a proper diet - I'd say you probably won't need them, you should try and get protein from whole foods

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I found this site is vague enough so that the meals are strict/boring, but has enough info so that you're eating fairly well:
http://www.mealplansite.com/sports-rugby-teenager.aspx

For exercises, if you have no weights etc. during the summer work on your agility and speed, do plyometric work (google for specific exercises) and fartlek/sprint training

Protein shakes should only be used as a supplement to a proper diet - I'd say you probably won't need them, you should try and get protein from whole foods

Thanks for the quick reply, the site seems like a good base line, prehaps with some added tips form here i could add and improve it
thanks again
Jasper

Stay off the supplements for another year and a bit mate, you'll do great with that kind of well balanced meal plan.

Do LOADS of plyometric works, lots of good sites found through Google, and also lots of Core strength work, absolutely essential!

Stay off the supplements for another year and a bit mate, you'll do great with that kind of well balanced meal plan.

Do LOADS of plyometric works, lots of good sites found through Google, and also lots of Core strength work, absolutely essential!

thanks, i will google plymetric and have a read cheers

im 17 and in the gym now, but when i was 15 i was doing a lot of jogging and swimming. just trying to keep fit. i wouldn't know about diet though, a good tip i got was eat less and train more. give it a try

Latest posts