England to win the series 2-0

France vs South Africa
The series to be drawn at 1-1

What's your guys prediction

I have;

NZ 3-0
Ireland 2-0
England 2-0
I have no idea what to expect from either of SA or France. 1-1 seems good enough for me.

I'll do mine
British and Irish Lions vs New Zealand
New Zealand to win the series 3-0

Ireland vs Japan
Ireland to the series 2-0

England vs Argentina

France vs South Africa
France to win the series 2-0

I'll do mine
British and Irish Lions vs New Zealand
New Zealand to win the series 3-0

Ireland vs Japan
Ireland to the series 2-0

England vs Argentina

France vs South Africa
France to win the series 2-0

I pains me that I cannot within reason tell you that you are off your rocker T_T

Id fancy Japan to pinch a test against Ireland in the heat on a Lions year, but the Irish depth is becoming almost stupid. Their second XV should have enough for a 2-0.

I don't think England have quite the same quality second XV as Ireland and Argentina should be desperate for some sort of international result for their morale. But they are routinely awful in the June tests, losing to France and a poor Scotland in recent years. So 2-0 to England for me.

France are much improved in the past 12 months, but I think their progress stalled at the 6N. I think the Springboks quit on AC against Italy as some of the behaviour became highly unusual (e.g. Combrink throwing a simple pass straight into touch and what looked like the Lions players all *****ing to each other at the end). I don't think you can win a dressing room back. Losing 2-0 might be in the back of some players minds as short term pain for long term gain. So even though SA should have the quality for one win against a decent France I also will go for 2-0 to France.

I pains me that I cannot within reason tell you that you are off your rocker T_T
sorry stormer is a tough test, but in my opinion France has kind off found form while South Africa struggled to Italy and the other autumn test games thats why i'm predicting a 2-0 win for France but i do hope South Africa win the series just for the sports sake.

Id fancy Japan to pinch a test against Ireland in the heat on a Lions year, but the Irish depth is becoming almost stupid. Their second XV should have enough for a 2-0.

I don't think England have quite the same quality second XV as Ireland and Argentina should be desperate for some sort of international result for their morale. But they are routinely awful in the June tests, losing to France and a poor Scotland in recent years. So 2-0 to England for me.

France are much improved in the past 12 months, but I think their progress stalled at the 6N. I think the Springboks quit on AC against Italy as some of the behaviour became highly unusual (e.g. Combrink throwing a simple pass straight into touch and what looked like the Lions players all *****ing to each other at the end). I don't think you can win a dressing room back. Losing 2-0 might be in the back of some players minds as short term pain for long term gain. So even though SA should have the quality for one win against a decent France I also will go for 2-0 to France.

I agree with almost all of this. I'm not sure Ireland have a better 2nd XV than England though?

For these tours, yes. Ireland will definitely have a more experienced squad available on account of England having the majority of our first choice 23 on the Lions tour. That puts England down to third choice in some positions (particularly in the tight five) but in normal circumstances, there's no way Ireland's 2nd XV tops it IMO.

Even with the Lions tourists out, it's close in a lot of positions:

1. Mullan - Healy
2. Hartley - Scannell
3. Williams - Bealham
4. Launchbury - Toner
5. Ewels - Ryan
6. Robshaw - Leavy
7. Haskell - Van Der Flier
8. Hughes - Heaslip
9. Care - Marmion
10. Ford - Jackson
11. May - Zebo
12. Slade - Marshall
13. Marchant - Ringrose
14. Solomona - Earls
15. Brown - Kearney

Pretty much 50/50 I'd say. Ireland wins the front row, but the rest would be pretty balanced.

Yeah, I'll walk that statement back a bit then. I meant "stronger players available". Truth be told I've not seen enough English club rugby to comment on what English third stringers might offer.

I think my opinion is shaped by a perception that EJ clearly picks his strongest XV individuals when he can. Whereas Schmidt leaves what i would consider superior individual talent on the sideline and focuses on what he thinks will make the best team.

I could be making that up though :p

I agree with almost all of this. I'm not sure Ireland have a better 2nd XV than England though?

For these tours, yes. Ireland will definitely have a more experienced squad available on account of England having the majority of our first choice 23 on the Lions tour. That puts England down to third choice in some positions (particularly in the tight five) but in normal circumstances, there's no way Ireland's 2nd XV tops it IMO.

Even with the Lions tourists out, it's close in a lot of positions:

1. Mullan - Healy
2. Hartley - Scannell
3. Williams - Ryan
4. Launchbury - Toner
5. Ewels - Ryan
6. Robshaw - Conan
7. Haskell - Leavy
8. Hughes - Heaslip
9. Care - Marmion
10. Ford - Jackson
11. May - Zebo/Sweetnam
12. Slade - Scannell
13. Marchant - Ringrose
14. Solomona - Earls
15. Brown - Kearney/Carbery

Pretty much 50/50 I'd say. Ireland wins the front row, but the rest would be pretty balanced.
I reckon that's closer to what Ireland would play, I'd expect Ireland to edge that but we basically have a 1st choice back 3 and a starting second row whereas you're down to third choice in both those spots.

So far, I think Eddie's picked players to fit a system (Haskell being the prime example) and has focused on building a strong set-piece.

His selections in the 6N were a bit forced by injuries but looking at his choices for Argentina, he seems to be making some bolder selection calls. Again, that's been heavily influenced by the players touring with the Lions, but he's said he wants 3 or 4 options to emerge from the tour as real contenders which suggests he's going to be fairly experimental.

I reckon that's closer to what Ireland would play, I'd expect Ireland to edge that but we basically have a 1st choice back 3 and a starting second row whereas you're down to third choice in both those spots.

I picked the best/most experienced XV England can pick for the Argentina tour otherwise it would have been an unfair comparison. Collier vs Williams is a toss up but I think Williams will edge it. I'm hoping Eddie goes a bit bolder and picks one of the Currys or Underhill instead of Haskell.

Swings and roundabouts in comparing them though becasue neither of those are actually 2nd XVs - 'non-Lions XVs' would be more accurate.

I'd add that a lot of the England 2nd or 'non-lions' XV aren't going to Argentina either. A few capped players have just not been picked that you would think would make a 2nd choice team. This tour has some experience heads, some decent 2nd choices in positions but then an incredible amount of youth also.

I'm open to correction but I thought the SA vs France series was 3 not 2 tests -
10th / 17th / 24th.

Yep, Pretoria, Durban and Johannesburg.

Think people have been led by OP calling a 1-1 draw

Whitewashes by NZ, Ire, Eng, SA. But in each case with one game where the margin is 10 points or less.

3-0 NZ
3-0 Ireland
2-1 England
2-1 South Africa

Lions vs Super Rugby teams: Lions 3-2 :D