• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premier League Relegation Scrap

A

An Tarbh

So it's between Sunderland, Hull, Newcastle, Boro and West Brom .

West Brom should be done and dusted today when Liverpool get the win at the Hawthorns.

Sunderland could seal their survival with a win away to Portsmouth, whose survival was confirmed after yesterday's results.

Hull were unable to get the win at Bolton despite laying siege to their goal in the second half, they won't be too happy to see Jaakaleinen's face any time soon.

Newcastle may well have been unlucky with certain calls yesterday but the damage has already been done.

Boro missed a chance against an out of form Villa side, the win should have been their's for the taking.

You do wonder how some broadcasters and pundits get a job in the first place.

Apparently Boro need to win 4-0 at West Ham to survive, well a 2 or even 1 goal win could do the trick if Man Utd do a number on Hull at the KC. We'll see if Ferguson goes back on his word or not, he said previously that he'd pick a strong side out of respect to the other teams fighting for survival, if he does fair play considering what they've got coming up the following Wednesday.

I still think Newcastle will get something at Villa, their recent form has been dreadful,witness yesterday only getting a point at Boro so I wouldn't be writing us off especially as we only need to better Hull's result which means a point will most likely be enough for us. I know our own form has hardly been stellar but with so much riding on this game I can see us having the hunger to get something.

All I can say is thank God it's a top 4 side going to Hull otherwise I'd be far more concerned next Sunday.

Will be very strange next season if Newcastle go down, I always thought of them as one of the 'old school top sides' so their absence will be very strange if they go down. Don't want Hull to go down because of their great run of form earlier this season, but still not sure how they managed to slide so far when they were something like 8 or 9 points away from safety back in December or January. West Brom went down today I think because they lost 2 - 0 to Liverpool, and can see Boro going down too. The last spot will depend on Newcastle's result, because I can't see Hull beating Man United, no matter what team they put out.

Newcastle have money, just bad management decisions. Which is why you should give the big four more credit than they deserve for not wasting their money (although it could be better spend *cough*Liverpool*cough*).

Sunderland have been up and down countless times in this decade, but Roy Keane must be getting the last laugh now.

Boro are effectively gone, and Newcastle will get caught out on the counter attack by Villa, as bad as they are. Sorry An Tarbh, whiskey conk will send his reserves to Hull.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ May 18 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boro are effectively gone, and Newcastle will get caught out on the counter attack by Villa, as bad as they are. Sorry An Tarbh, whiskey conk will send his reserves to Hull.[/b]

I suspect this too... I would imagine that he's not too fussed about the abuse from fans of relegation zone teams when his own fans may not be best pleased if players get injured in this unnecessary game ahead of the big one.

No doubt Neil Warnock will go racing to the nearest newspaper to screech about Ferguson "disrespecting" the relegation issue. T**t.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ May 18 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will be very strange next season if Newcastle go down, I always thought of them as one of the 'old school top sides' so their absence will be very strange if they go down.[/b]

No, it'll be a good laugh, but I hope they come straight back up.

He did say he wouldn't out of respect to the clubs involved but his word really isn't worth a **** so I won't be too shocked if he goes back on it.

newcastle, Middlesbrough and west brom relegated.
wolves birmigham and burnley or sheffield utd promoted

well we got what we deserved, you put a tv pundit in charge of a team and a woeful one at that and you're asking for trouble, half the time they talk through their hole, Shearer especially, no doubt he'll go back to doing that on the Beeb but to think people thought of him as the saviour of Newcastle, quality run of form he took us on.

Newcastle are screwed now cause as far as I know there's no mandatory pay cuts for the players in the event that they're relegated. Bet Mike Ashley is glad he accepted City's paltry bid for Given now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ May 25 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What led you to supporting that lot?[/b]

was always a fan of Keegan but he was long gone from Liverpool and with Souness in charge at Anfield I was never gonna support that lot and even back in the early 90s Ferguson was a proper twat and Arsenal were boring boring Arsenal at the time with Graham in charge. So Newcastle seemed a decent option and certainly the football we played when we came into the Premiership was worth getting excited about, didn't win anything but a boring game of football is intolerable even though it can end up being more successful more often than not.

To be fair to Shearer An Tarbh, the damage was done before he took over I thought. In fact, Joe Kinnear had managed to cause more damage than I thought it possible for even Joe Kinnear to do!

Hull City though are shocking. 1 win in 22 games? Appalling. And their perma-tanned prick of a manager was dancing round like they'd won the league and there was a pitch invasion which resembled an identity parade for Chernobyl. They'll finish bottom next season. Unquestionably.

5 points from 24 says otherwise, it was a shocking decision, sadly one which didn't turn out to be an April fool.

I thought Kinnear did alright, Hughton didn't and they had to bring someone in. If Shearer took over after the Chelsea game things might have been different.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ May 25 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hull City though are shocking. 1 win in 22 games? Appalling. And their perma-tanned prick of a manager was dancing round like they'd won the league and there was a pitch invasion which resembled an identity parade for Chernobyl. They'll finish bottom next season. Unquestionably.[/b]

Oh fluck off! Their first time ever in the Premiership and they stayed up, they had every right to go mental!

They're an embarassment to top flight football. I hope they and their perma-tan buffoon of a manager finish rock, rock bottom next year.

An Tarbh - 5 points from 24 might be the case, but would a Joe Kinnear led team have topped that? I doubt it.

Latest posts