• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premier League Relegation Scrap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ May 26 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They're an embarassment to top flight football. I hope they and their perma-tan buffoon of a manager finish rock, rock bottom next year.

An Tarbh - 5 points from 24 might be the case, but would a Joe Kinnear led team have topped that? I doubt it.[/b]

to be honest had he not suffered his heart problems we wouldn't have been in the situation of having both Shearer and Hughton in charge of the team, neither of which were close to being up to the task, not that I was the biggest fan of Kinnear.

I know you don't rate Given, but selling him was a huge mistake, having someone of his class around the club brings raises the games of mediocre players, that doesn't work when there's just a journeyman like Harper in goal.

Journeyman? Surely you don't mean Steve Harper, as in the goalkeeper who has only ever been away from Newcastle on loan?

I think you really mean loyal servant to the club.

f*** Dennis Wise. f*** Mike Ashley. f*** Phil Brown.

That is all.

And with Kinnear we may have survived by the skin of our teeth, but than what? Ashley extends him for 3 years and chances are we go down next year when he ****** off more than just N'Zogbia, leading to a mass exodus of players who would be replaced by more **** like Ryan Taylor and Nolan.

The jury is out on Shearer for me, the rot had truly set in when he took over and he did a better job than the Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood who's resume seems to consist of getting Nottingham Forest relegated to League 1 and not much else. And he seems to be making things more professional off the pitch, stuff like making the team eat meals together and forcing injured players who can't train to have to spend that time in the physio doing rehab and what not instead. Not that i'm expecting anything like the miracle Keegan performed when he first took over from taking a team dead last in the First Division/Championship to 3rd in the Premier League in the space of 2 years.

If we can keep Beye, Enrique and S. Taylor (Who all have come out wanting to stay) as well as possibly Bassong we should have the best Defence in the Championship which would be a good base to build on.

we'll probably hold onto more players as the club have been stupid enough to not put pay cuts into the players contracts in the event that they're relegated so while it may look like people are being loyal to the club they're only being loyal to themselves as they won't get a better deal elsewhere, here's hoping whoever's in charge can get some performance out of them.

See Exhibt A : One Damien "Own Goal" Duff

Something tells me it's the 70,000 pound a week contract which has made him come to out to profess his loyality to his beloved Newcastle rather than the away trips to Sc***horpe and the chance to play along side Nicky Butt.

*Edit*

Jesus Christ, we can't even say Sc unthorpe, the name of a fine, proud soccer club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Oh fluck off! Their first time ever in the Premiership and they stayed up, they had every right to go mental![/b]

If I was the manager of a team which had won 1 out of their previous 22 games, had just lost to a team who named the ball boys to play you and only survived because of another teams fluke own goal, i'd hardly be prancing around and singing into a microphone like a c*** and acting like i'd just masterminded Oxford Town into the Champions League.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ May 30 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
See Exhibt A : One Damien "Own Goal" Duff

Something tells me it's the 70,000 pound a week contract which has made him come to out to profess his loyality to his beloved Newcastle rather than the away trips to Sc***horpe and the chance to play along side Nicky Butt.

*Edit*

Jesus Christ, we can't even say Sc unthorpe, the name of a fine, proud soccer club.[/b]

Ian Botham would be spitting in his red wine were he to see that!

At least we have a derby next season though, oh Christ how depressing is that!

Latest posts