Which is better to win...

• Champions League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Premier League

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

RoyalBlueStuey

Just reading Fergie's comments today...I was wondering what people think about the relative merits of the Premiership and the Champions League as they stand today.

I daresay as a supporter of a none-G14/none-Chelsea team it'll never apply to me though.

Premiership.

I long for the day when City win the league, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are relegated (I'd want Man Utd in the same league just in case my decision to miss them off that list seems strange, can't beat a good derby match), and Reading, West Ham and Everton take the over Champions League spots.

I also await the day when I can fly to the moon on a winged pig to collect cheese and hunt unicorns, but that's another story.

Premiership means more to me than Europe at the Moment...

I would love Liverpool to win the Premiership, its been so long without a league now, and to win the Premiership would be heaven...

I would also like to chuck in The FA Cup to this, cos some people feel its more important to win it than both the league and champions league

I would also like to chuck in The FA Cup to this, cos some people feel its more important to win it than both the league and champions league
[/b]

I think that's gone now though....remember when doing the double was a really big thing. Seems to happen all the time now. The big clubs have massive squads and so can take absorb injuries and care of the cup with reserves whilst still maintaining a league challenge. Back when you didn't have that many players you concentrated of the league or you bided your time and went for it in the cup.

Nowadays your manager whinges about replays and your team gets flown to Spain as a reward for a 3rd round exit.

I believe that the whole way the FA Cup is run should change so that you seeded teams, against non-seeded sides... it brings back the FA Cup Spirit, you never see the big Giant Killing Games... and when they are about the bbc show prem on prem action....

I believe that the whole way the FA Cup is run should change so that you seeded teams, against non-seeded sides... it brings back the FA Cup Spirit, you never see the big Giant Killing Games... and when they are about the bbc show prem on prem action....
[/b]

You could then end up with all-Premiership matches for the last few rounds.

I love the fact that there is the possibility of Man Utd meeting Chelsea, Liverpool meeting Arsenal etc, in as early as the 3rd round. Let's the smaller clubs have a run at the Cup, ginat-killings or not.

But I feel it does get boring seeing Premiership teams on Premiership Games, the smaller clubs would rather have a big club than someone in there own league, simply because it gives them money. And Also it will produce some interesting games to watch on tele... Especially when BBC only seem concerned on showing the Premiership on Premiership Games.

Ill take both and we have done it before.

The second treble:Manchester United 2006-07 :cheers:

But I feel it does get boring seeing Premiership teams on Premiership Games, the smaller clubs would rather have a big club than someone in there own league, simply because it gives them money. And Also it will produce some interesting games to watch on tele... Especially when BBC only seem concerned on showing the Premiership on Premiership Games. [/b]

How about the premiership and 1st divission teams also play from round one? That means there'll be fewer of them by the time the latter stages appear.

Latest posts