TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
That's right ladles and jellyspoons, it's time for that competition that apparently exists!

I tried to get a list of fixtures but they don't even have them on the official website (on mobile, anyway).

Apparently we're playing Northampton on Saturday. Think it's Bath vs Exeter in the televised game?

Nice to see that despite having approximately 50 international backrowers on the books we can't manage any on the bench:

Sale Sharks Starting XV: 15. Simon Hammersley, 14. Denny Solomona, 13. Sam James, 12. Rohan Janse Van Rensburg, 11. Chris Ashton, 10. Rob du Preez, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Jake Cooper-Woolley, 4. Josh Beaumont (Captain), 5. James Phillips, 6. Jean-Luc du Preez, 7. Ben Curry, 8. Daniel du Preez.

Replacements:16. Akker van der Merwe, 17. Bevan Rodd, 18. Will-Griff John, 19. Bryn Evans, 20. Matt Postlethwaite, 21. Embrose Papier, 22. Luke James, 23. Byron McGuigan

Its on the premiership rugby app you change the filters to show prem rugby cup fixtures.

So mickey mouse league is used as the warm ups i like it takes a couple of warm up games off the calendar. Normal non WC season we should do this just not all the pool games maybe half to be wsrm ups keep.

And yes i did totally forget it was on.

Meh

I suppose using it as the pre-season warm-ups makes it more useful than usual; but...
I neither know nor care who Bath are playing, or what team is being put out

Meh

That's right ladles and jellyspoons, it's time for that competition that apparently exists!

I tried to get a list of fixtures but they don't even have them on the official website (on mobile, anyway).

Apparently we're playing Northampton on Saturday. Think it's Bath vs Exeter in the televised game?

Nice to see that despite having approximately 50 international backrowers on the books we can't manage any on the bench:

Sale Sharks Starting XV: 15. Simon Hammersley, 14. Denny Solomona, 13. Sam James, 12. Rohan Janse Van Rensburg, 11. Chris Ashton, 10. Rob du Preez, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Jake Cooper-Woolley, 4. Josh Beaumont (Captain), 5. James Phillips, 6. Jean-Luc du Preez, 7. Ben Curry, 8. Daniel du Preez.

Replacements:16. Akker van der Merwe, 17. Bevan Rodd, 18. Will-Griff John, 19. Bryn Evans, 20. Matt Postlethwaite, 21. Embrose Papier, 22. Luke James, 23. Byron McGuigan

Looks like a strong side though. Particularly when you consider that there's a good number of internationals at the RWC.

Meh

I suppose using it as the pre-season warm-ups makes it more useful than usual; but...
I neither know nor care who Bath are playing, or what team is being put out

Meh
My thoughts exactly - it's pre-season rather than an actual comp (which the Prem Cup barely was to start with).

EEvG7AJWkAEJAOA

Looking forward to seeing how new combinations go. Eden at 12 (I'm guessing as 2nd playmaker) and Bedlow who I would normally start there in particular. I've not seen Fricker play at all before. Kloska is one to watch too.

Warriors | 15 Scott van Breda, 14 Perry Humphreys, 13 Ashley Beck, 12 Ryan Mills, 11 Dean Hammond, 10 Jono Lance, 9 Michael Heaney, 1 Ethan Waller, 2 Isaac Miller, 3 Conor Carey, 4 James Scott, 5 Graham Kitchener, 6 Ted Hill, 7 Caleb Montgomery, 8 GJ van Velze (C).

Replacements | 16 Beck Cutting, 17 Ryan Bower, 18 Farai Mudariki, 19 Michael Fatialofa, 20 Sam Lewis, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Jamie Shillcock, 23 Alex Hearle.

Leicester Tigers | 15 Freddie Steward, 14 Sam Aspland-Robinson, 13 Joe Thomas, 12 Tom Hardwick, 11 11 Andy Forsyth, 10 Sam Costelow, 9 Jack Van Poortvliet, 1 Facundo Gigena, 2 Charlie Clare, 3 Gaston Cortes, 4 George Martin, 5 Harry Wells (C), 6 Sam Lewis, 7 Tommy Reffell, 8 Ifereimi Boladau.

Replacements | 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Keston Lines, 18 Joe Heyes, 19 Cameron Jordan, 20 Thom Smith, 21 Jonny Law, 22 Johnny McPhillips, 23 George Worth

Quins beat Bris 24 - 12 in what most have described as a disjointed pre-season affair.

Don't think there's much insight to be gained from the match for the coming season although some really promising youngsters from both clubs will rise to the fore in coming years.

Got to be happy with the start my team made. It is not being taken too serious though. Maybe we have a chance of winning it.

I know Exeter are a great team but i have just realised they are on BT week after week in this comp.

I know Exeter are a great team but i have just realised they are on BT week after week in this comp.
To be honest theres a few favourted clubs for TV. I get that you want to create a good picture for marketing but you also want to grow the game and the out of favour clubs suffer.

Needs a red button option for all the matches, they're all broadcast live elsewhere in the world or to betting sites, etc.

Ben was considered the better player (and still is by some) until his injury in England camp that saw him replaced by Tom, as well.
Gonna sting a bit

Ben was considered the better player (and still is by some) until his injury in England camp that saw him replaced by Tom, as well.
Gonna sting a bit
Its a tough one because is a curry curry back row what we want? So one of them has to be a back up/injury cover if tom gets injured, i get having one amd then having other players to vary. I know they play different to each other but not totally different. I rate them both and feel bad for Curry the Uncapped.

As good as Ludlam has been I think Ben should have been there, but I do agree that having both in the side is probably not what coaches would go for.
However that he's never been called up when Tom or Underhill have been injured is gutting

Latest posts