• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership final or six nations?

T

timcc19

I'm buying two tickets for my father to go to either the premiership final or a six nations england scotland match. the thing is, which one? both are basically the same price, about a week apart, and i just wanted opinions on which to buy. i'd go to both if i could, but i need one. any ideas?

If you want to enjoy a packed Murrayfield on its feet then buy tickets to the Calcutta match, if you are a student, you can get a discounted ticket.

If you want to enjoy a packed Twickenham on its feet for much the same thing then...er..buy those tickets instead.

There isn't really much in it to be honest.

Personally I'd go for the Premiership final but then I prefer club rugby union over international rugby union.

Personally I'd go for the Premiership final but then I prefer club rugby union over international rugby union. [/b]

A casual fan may get more from the international though.

<div class='quotemain'> Personally I'd go for the Premiership final but then I prefer club rugby union over international rugby union. [/b]

A casual fan may get more from the international though.

[/b][/quote]

Fair comment, but there are far too many corperate fans at internationals for my taste. The atmosphere always seems flat for England compared to the Welsh etc.

Murrayfield is different from Twickenham Mite. They sell off allot of the seats dirt cheap, you're more likely to rub shoulders with Uni students from Aberdeen on a cheap day out than some corporate guest.

I like international rugby and club rugby so I would feel torn between Murrayfield or Twickenham. And I definitely do not like this....disturbing trait of people who (although thankfully in the minority) wax lyrical about their club and pay only sneers and the most vile of comments to the fifteen who have the privilege and honour of running out to represent their nation.

I like international rugby and club rugby so I would feel torn between Murrayfield or Twickenham. And I definitely do not like this....disturbing trait of people who (although thankfully in the minority) wax lyrical about their club and pay only sneers and the most vile of comments to the fifteen who have the privilege and honour of running out to represent their nation.
[/b]

Well I'm certainly not one of those people. I 'prefer' club rugby but those who pull on the white shirt of England have my full support regardless of which club the individual plays for.

Murrayfield is different from Twickenham Mite. They sell off allot of the seats dirt cheap, you're more likely to rub shoulders with Uni students from Aberdeen on a cheap day out than some corporate guest.

I like international rugby and club rugby so I would feel torn between Murrayfield or Twickenham. And I definitely do not like this....disturbing trait of people who (although thankfully in the minority) wax lyrical about their club and pay only sneers and the most vile of comments to the fifteen who have the privilege and honour of running out to represent their nation. [/b]

The sneers aren't directed at the players nor the national side itself, moreso at the morons in the upper management of the union. Without the club game, the international scene wouldn't exist. The union however treat the clubs the same way that Gordon Brown treats my bank account and show them the same contempt, helping themselves to whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, giving nothing back in the process.

That is why the club game deserves more support then the international side.

The sneers aren't directed at the players nor the national side itself, moreso at the morons in the upper management of the union. Without the club game, the international scene wouldn't exist. The union however treat the clubs the same way that Gordon Brown treats my bank account and show them the same contempt, helping themselves to whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, giving nothing back in the process.

That is why the club game deserves more support then the international side.
[/b]

No no no, I'm not talking about you and I complaining about how the game is run by the administrators, I'm talking about people sneering about the squad itself and finding it disgusting that their club players are 'wasted' on such 'trivial' things as international duty. Thankfully they are in the strict minority but it is slowly growing.

You and me both have serious concerns about how the RFU runs things, but we also complain that they never notice any of our bright young things in the Saints or Saracens and both hope that one day they'll be able to pull on a jersey.

Latest posts