• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Club Kits

Quick question to you all, how many other teams shirts have you owned/ wore?

I'm a life long Northampton fan but have also owned and wore a Gloucester shirt (was free with tickets to an away game)
A bath shirt (a present from the mrs when we holidayed in bath), a London Irish top (given to me by a mate as it didn't fit)

Also had a us Dax Canterbury top that was awesome back in 2002.

I did wear most of those other ones to rugby training or the gym but they were all really cool tops.

Is that just me or has anyone else wore a different teams shirt?

Ulster is my second team so I have worn their shirts/training gear on a fair few occasions.

I've also had some training gear from other global clubs. I don't think I would ever wear anything from other Premiership clubs.

wonder what the deal is with slightly different sponsors

View attachment 14703
It's the same sponsor, and has been the case since Dyson became our primary sponsor.
The differences are which model of Dyson is being advertised on that shirt. For example, here's the 2016/17 team photo, with 5 different Dyson products on the abdomen:
2016-17.jpg
I've always been a Bath fan, since pre-teen in the early 80s
I've currently got Bath, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, England, France and B&I
Have had Exeter, Leicester, South Africa and Ireland in the past. Oh, I also had a home-made Welsh shirt back in the day before these things were common, largely due to temporarily living in NZ when Wales toured in '88 (even had a picture of the Auckland score-board saying "NZ 0 - 6 Wal" - it didn't stay that way for long).

Leicester and Ireland were presents, the others I bought myself, and generally wore around and about.

I've never bought into dislike of local rivals, If Bath can't do it, then I want Exeter or Gloucester to do well - I consider them more like family - we'll bicker and argue, and fight to win, but unite against anyone else (as shown internationally by B&I).
France have always been my second team, and I think it was the French team of the 80s that originally made me really fall in love with the game.

Last edited:
Used to buy whatever training shirts had been reduced to a pittance on Lovell Rugby when I was at Uni as it was cheaper to have a ton of training kit than it was to go to the laundrette every few days, so I've had Melbourne Rebels, Queensland Reds, Scarlets and Ospreys training tops,
Few different rugby league ones (Catalans Dragons, Melbourne Storm, Maroons)

Couple of England (usually the novelty ones like the purple one and the Lancashire one) and a couple of Lions

In terms of prem I had a Worcester top ages ago when my cousin played for them (again: lovell bargain bin) but just Sale beyond that

I'm a life long Northampton fan but have also owned and wore a Gloucester shirt (was free with tickets to an away game)
A bath shirt (a present from the mrs when we holidayed in bath), a London Irish top (given to me by a mate as it didn't fit)

I did wear most of those other ones to rugby training or the gym but they were all really cool tops.

I'll get shirts from different manufacturers just to see what they are like, mostly shorts. Don't really support a team though. Got wasps, saracens, all blacks, bath. I got a Leinster europe shirt cause it was on sale for 20 bucks. Really wanted the zebre change kit from 4 years ago but was always sold out.

Now that I row/cycle I wear lighter stuff and just look for training gear from brands I like.

I have my 1990 Saints shirt and a Harlequins shirt from the same era. I used to wear them to School and then University.
Have various England shirts, a Natal shirt and then a Sharks shirt when they became the franchise.
I have bought England, Saints, British Lions, South Africa, New Zealand, Barbarians and Western Province shirts as gifts over the years.

And Bath's away kit is launched

Erm... yeah... hard pass from me

I have zero prem kits or tbh Pro 14/URC kits.
But I have a lot of international shirts, Super rugby shirts and some top 14 shirts.

The 2015 Japan shirt is my favourite followed by a

Mexico rugby shirt
IMG_20210325_115533_medium.jpg

Shanghai hairy crabs
RUGBY-SHIRT-KUKRI-GUINNESS-SHANGHAI-HAIRY-CRABS-XXXL.jpg

Also have a Kazakhstan shirt

Oh god. Another lilac kit 😡.
Just horrible.
I think it's mid-grey, which just never works - quite a purplish lighting though.

Mind you, wifey says that I'm colour blind - in that I can think of about a dozen colours, whilst she sees hundreds of the buggers.

I think it's mid-grey, which just never works - quite a purplish lighting though.

Mind you, wifey says that I'm colour blind - in that I can think of about a dozen colours, whilst she sees hundreds of the buggers.
Hmmm well, I'll take your word rather than my own on that colour 😁.

I have zero prem kits or tbh Pro 14/URC kits.
But I have a lot of international shirts, Super rugby shirts and some top 14 shirts.

The 2015 Japan shirt is my favourite followed by a

Mexico rugby shirt
IMG_20210325_115533_medium.jpg

Shanghai hairy crabs
RUGBY-SHIRT-KUKRI-GUINNESS-SHANGHAI-HAIRY-CRABS-XXXL.jpg

Also have a Kazakhstan shirt
Don't you own a Leinster shirt as a Leinster fan?

closest ive ever come is when i won a 2002 french football shirt, dont think ive ever bought a kit for a team i didnt support

closest ive ever come is when i won a 2002 french football shirt, dont think ive ever bought a kit for a team i didnt support
when I was a kid there was a run of Eagles and Flyers who got hurt or traded when my parents got me their jersey. Now I only buy stuff from teams that I think look cool or that I'd wear ironically. Never buy Philly stuff.

Bath's Euro kit

For me, it's just the away shirt that's nasty, Home and Euro both looking good.Wish they'd use more natural lighting for the videos though, made the away kit look purple, and the Euro kit look black (in stills released later, the away is definitely silver-grey, and the Euro is a dark blue, but definitely blue)

Euro kit is quite nice but does look more like a training/warmup top, to me

Latest posts