• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 17

Sale vs Bristol could be decent. Both should go full strength hopfully.

Hopfully Chiefs give abit more gametime to the likes of Hodge and younger players off the bench but still hoping to see a few back

God knows what our first choice is atm - Bristol should hopefully have some tired legs as they've used a lot of their starters a lot

Bath vs Wasps could be tasty if the weather is OK

God knows what our first choice is atm - Bristol should hopefully have some tired legs as they've used a lot of their starters a lot

Your first team backline for me would be
Faf, RDP(or AJ), Van Rensberg, S James, L James(FB) and 2 wingers. With Cliff Manu Hammersly.

Manu needs time to bed in but could make an impact for the last 20. That would be my choice all players who know the Sale systems and got you to top 4 pre lockdown.

So have Sale? I know you played a second XV (apart from Lood and Ross) on Tuesday but you played the first XV against Quins and Exeter.

Don't forget that Bristol have rotated the likes of Piutau, Vui, Morahan, Randall and Attwood for at least one game. Thacker and Earl have played from the bench too.

Depends what you consider our first team because a lot of starters look like **** atm - I was talking form rather than on paper.

Oosthuizen, Akker, Faf and all 3 Du Preez are first names on the sheet but barely look fit to make a 23 atm

Jono Ross is the only player who's a concern re: overplaying atm (well, and Langdon - considering how bad Akker is atm).
Bristol have played Hughes, Sheedy, Radradra, Luatua, Thomas, maybe more, in all games so far.

That said I think it'll be later in the season that the schedule will take it's toll, atm everyone is fresh after a few months off - it's when injuries start layering up that's an issue,
I don't think actual fitness (as in cardiovascular) will come into it

I think Harrison showed he is a better option than Oosthuizen at least for now. He's had the better of Sinckler (who'll more than likely start for Bristol) in the scrum in the past.

Now Bristol don't have the option of Madigan, they'll need to manage Sheedy's game time. Malins is the obvious choice, but we'll see I guess?

Aye, I don't think I've ever seen Harrison so dominant in the scrum before - I guess after starting every game (and usually going the full 80) for every game for a few years, to then being clear second choice, he feels he has something to prove
Oosthuizen has been so bad I'd consider playing Morozov over him - even when he played at tighthead off the bench vs Wasps he was getting bent out of shape at the scrum

I'll save my predictions until the teams come out

Malins is the obvious choice, but we'll see I guess?
As an unfamiliar observer I can see why you'd assume that but Ioan Lloyd is the obvious choice followed by Tiff Eden.

Malins will be 15/23 or not included.

According to my calculations Bears cannot start Radrada, Purdy, Sheedy ,Sinckler, Luatua or Hughes.

Sale vs Bristol could be decent. Both should go full strength hopfully.

Hopfully Chiefs give abit more gametime to the likes of Hodge and younger players off the bench but still hoping to see a few back

Think it'll be 1st team ,with Nowell back hopefully. Don't want players to go too stale.
Could be v. entertaining game.

According to my calculations Bears cannot start Radrada, Purdy, Sheedy ,Sinckler, Luatua or Hughes.
Fingers crossed :p

I don't think that's right, though - there will have been 8 days between the Glaws game and Sale game

As an unfamiliar observer I can see why you'd assume that but Ioan Lloyd is the obvious choice followed by Tiff Eden.

Malins will be 15/23 or not included.

I don't think Lloyd is the obvious choice. Whenever he has played he's been brought on at 15 and Eden has about 20mins of Premiership rugby in total.

Of the three of them, Malins has the most experience of playing at 10 in the Premiership, which is why I'd imagine he's the foremost contender.

Personally, I'd like Malins to focus on playing at 15 as I think he could be a major asset for England if he cracks it.

I don't think that's right, though - there will have been 8 days between the Glaws game and Sale game
I've seen that sort of technicality in a few places - I'm fine with fans pointing it out, but if any club actually tries to use that, it will be abhorrent - and yes, that includes if Bath try to use that excuse

I'd assume when they say a week , they meant it loosely . You would think Friday, midweek and saturday would constitute "a week" or else the whole thing is pointless. We'll find out later i suppose.

Just looked through the guidelines and it does define a week as a "7 day period"

The guidelines are so half arsed, like one is
"No player will be selected in more than six matches in the seven games between 14 August and 13 September" - well duh

Latest posts