2. Tom Dunn
3. Will Stuart
4. Josh McNally
5. Elliott Stooke
6. Tom Ellis
7. Francois Louw (C)
8. Taulupe Faletau

Replacements
16. Jack Walker, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Christian Judge, 19. Matt Garvey, 20. Josh Bayliss, 21. Chris Cook, 22. Freddie Burns, 23. Aled Brew

Two really strong sides there!

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SARACENS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis (capt)
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Elvis Taione
17 Ben Moon
18 Enrique Pieretto
19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Don Armand
21 Jack Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Sam Hill

Do Simmonds and Kvesic not get on or something as it seems they are never in the same 23 even though they are arguably 2 of our best players. He should be in the 23 IMO.

Other than Kvesic a decent 23 given injuries.

But Sarries are looking strong.

Acca is home wins across the board, but Glou and Sarries have a good chance away.

Hughes can bang on about how much better he is at Bristol but he's still got a single figure IQ

Edit: both sides displaying dubious understanding of the laws, at best

Did not expect that at 78 min, pretty great try when they needed it. BP Wasps....not what the tigers wanted to see.

Would have been criminal if Bristol won that, esp with the dodgy pen. Great tackle by Piutau in first half, but he waved Carr through at the end.
Very Entertaining 2nd half.

Emotions are raw but got the win, Umaga stayed the course even with some nervy moments. Fekitoa finally showed up and Carr, Willis and Launchbury were awesome.
Glad we got the win as the pen was criminal and can't believe assistant didn't step in (i know he really cant in this case).

Now down to Bath vs Leicester tomorrow to push for a Bath win?

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SARACENS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis (capt)
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Elvis Taione
17 Ben Moon
18 Enrique Pieretto
19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Don Armand
21 Jack Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Sam Hill

Do Simmonds and Kvesic not get on or something as it seems they are never in the same 23 even though they are arguably 2 of our best players. He should be in the 23 IMO.

Other than Kvesic a decent 23 given injuries.

But Sarries are looking strong.

I think it is because Baxter sees them as similar players, at least in terms of performing the same role for the team.

It's the same with Vermeulen and Armand but given the physicality and lineout prowess of the Saracens back row, he's gone for Armand on the bench over Kvesic. There will probably be times when it's Kvesic on the bench, but I doubt we'll see Simmonds and Kvesic in the same starting XV.

Basically Baxter seems to have some fairly fixed ideas about how best to set-up his back row. It's Ewers, Vermeulen or Armand and Simmonds or Kvesic. The bench option is then flexible depending on the opposition.

I think it is because Baxter sees them as similar players, at least in terms of performing the same role for the team.

It's the same with Vermeulen and Armand but given the physicality and lineout prowess of the Saracens back row, he's gone for Armand on the bench over Kvesic. There will probably be times when it's Kvesic on the bench, but I doubt we'll see Simmonds and Kvesic in the same starting XV.

Basically Baxter seems to have some fairly fixed ideas about how best to set-up his back row. It's Ewers, Vermeulen or Armand and Simmonds or Kvesic. The bench option is then flexible depending on the opposition.
Maybe your right but maybe he sees kvesic and simmonds both as very important so limit and interchange them so they are both fresher come the end of the season, i just like the idea of 6 ewers 7 Kvesic 8 Simmonds. 20 Vermeulen/Very balanced back row as Kvesic is an out and out 7 thats been converted to an 8. Hope it will be tried out soon.

Maybe your right but maybe he sees kvesic and simmonds both as very important so limit and interchange them so they are both fresher come the end of the season, i just like the idea of 6 ewers 7 Kvesic 8 Simmonds. 20 Vermeulen/Very balanced back row as Kvesic is an out and out 7 thats been converted to an 8. Hope it will be tried out soon.
As is Sam Simmonds.
Whilst he's got the likes of Ewers, Armand, Vermeulen, Baxter will play his natural OSF at #8

I've only just got in, how was the first half at the rec?

As is Sam Simmonds.
Whilst he's got the likes of Ewers, Armand, Vermeulen, Baxter will play his natural OSF at #8

I've only just got in, how was the first half at the rec?
I haven't seen it either but it sounds like a damp day at the Rec. 6-0 Bath 2 pens

Dire.
I don't know what it is about Sale vs Bath but it's always a terrible, error strewn game that is eventually decided by scrum penalties and kicks at goal.
Are you watching?

And a try scored, with a penalty from the restart - sounds like water carriers got involved in a fight that Faf/6 started way off the ball, with no TV footage as they were watching the try.

Chicken goes off hurt (dunno if injured or HIA)

Will be interesting to read WTF happened

Latest posts