• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - the Semi Finals!

Ej4eSdoWAAErBrJ

1602241553698.png
Ej31HKlWAAAJmMS

wasps-v-bristol-bears-semi-final-web-and-social-team-graphic-10-10-20.png

Am I wrong to want to see a bath v Bristol final?

Hopefully in for some great games.
Aye, all four teams in good attacking form atm - often knockout rugby can resort to two teams trying not to lose, but I reckon all these will go out to play

Agreed.

As a neutral I'm actually pretty glad the games fell as they have as we have a contrast of styles between Wasps and Bristol's attacking, expansive rugby and the more forwards oriented approach of Exeter and Bath. Should be two cracking games.

Why? Is it that contentious?

Understood ... this won't help, but I'd say Sale generally play better rugby than Bath IMO.

So Wasps have gone 6 2 split, Bristol are the one team you do not want to risk having a weakened backline against they will punish you.

This head to head is absolutely nutty

Ej5HVYmXgAES_yL.jpeg

So many closely matched players across the teams and what should be fascinating battles. Particularly looking forward to the 9/10 head to head as all 4 should arguably have been involved with England set up more. Though breakdown and these talented back rows will dictate a lot of that. Set piece too, front and back rows, midfield.... lawd, hotly contested everywhere. I'm excited and keeping all the above in mind; knowing my luck it's probably going to be a damp squib and Wasps walk it. :(

Is Sinckler fit?? If so surely he won't be happy at being benched behind a 36 year old. A very good 36 year old, but past his prime nonetheless. I can see the logic but the best in the world, as many claim Sinckler to be, don't bench warm in big games.

Looking forward to seeing Barbeary off the bench. Front row battle in Exe v Bath should be fun and Willis and Earl should be a good watch.

Is Sinckler fit??
AFAIK, yes. Haven't heard any chatter that says otherwise unless it was picked up late in week training. I suspect it's on form/game plan Pat has more than injury TBH.

We have EU final as well as a potential GP final to play so rotation will be important.

Malins still isn't a 15 (had huge worries about that after announcement, Lloyd is the better 15/10), 3 major incidents 1 turnover, 1 try against, 1 penalty.

Were Wasps onside from the kick for the try?

Bristol need a Wigglesworth/Gopperth type player in their backline to calm everyone down a bit
No control at all in their game and they're only getting more frantic as they drop further behind

Bristol need a Wigglesworth/Gopperth type player in their backline to calm everyone down a bit
No control at all in their game and they're only getting more frantic as they drop further behind
Siale?

Not getting anything from officials right now. Foot in touch, scrum pen, etc.

Latest posts