• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - the Semi Finals!

Am I the only one who thought yellow was the right call? Contact was on the back not the head

Not too unhappy with Bath to be honest. We aren't going to win but we never were, I'm happy to be playing decently, creating chances and in touch

(I have a very low bar for this game)

Am I the only one who thought yellow was the right call? Contact was on the back not the head

Not too unhappy with Bath to be honest. We aren't going to win but we never were, I'm happy to be playing decently, creating chances and in touch

(I have a very low bar for this game)
Nope. IMO contact was top of the shoulder, you could call it base of neck, but IMO that would be harsh. Morally "deserved" red for the danger, and IMO wasmoucky to miss Taulpe's head, butnhe did miss.
However, when's the last time we saw even a penalty for such a clear out?

Agreed on the performance, I just hope Stuart's failure to score (because he didn't look where he was going) doesn't just deflate us. We're doing a lot good, just not quite making the most of them.
We've set up more opportunities, but Ex are just so ruthless.

Mind you, I think this SF is a year too early for us.

Ex are doing what they do, sprinkling little touches of magic amongst the hyper-pragmatic and predictably effective. Bath MAY have the better players ,but theres no question that Ex have the better team

Last edited:
Hate to say it but I can see Barf winning (not saying they will but a good chance), surprised you have such little belief in your side... been playing some very good rugby lately.

Now I need to go wash my mouth and mind. Ergh

However, when's the last time we saw even a penalty for such a clear out?
Amen to that
Mind you, I think this SF is a year too early for us.
Definitely. If you'd told me Pre-lockdown we'd be talking about being excited for next season I'd have bitten your hand off. I don't think I'm using that metaphor right but you know what I mean

Comfortably the best Redpath has ever looked,
Game time (and supplements over lockdown) have brought his skills out nicely

Last edited:
Amen to that

Definitely. If you'd told me Pre-lockdown we'd be talking about being excited for next season I'd have bitten your hand off. I don't think I'm using that metaphor right but you know what I mean
During lockdown, I'd have said that I could see what we were trying to do, and recruiting to do, target top 6 for 20/21, executing better. Top 4 for 22/23, confident in our execution. Build towards finals from there having earned some KO experience and starting to add smoking of difference.

Bath just too slow in mind and body and it's showing. Exeter worth their lead. Bath just standing off too much and letting Exeter play their game rather than imposing ours. All passes are to static players, Exeter passes are to running players.

There was a clear roll on the floor by Exeter attacker there in build up to Hogg try. Why are some refs always hotter on somethings than others.

Having said that. Bath really needed to score first. Momentum completely swung once Exeter stopped that early charge.

Exeter are worth their lead has to be said though they arrive off feat at Rucks constantly and rarely get pinged.

Agreed there, should have been a penalty try. Held up, but clearly in the side. Bath lucky there.

With Simmonds going off, and Exeter having the extra game, I wouldn't count them out at all

Not starting Sinckler was mad
Yeah, why?? Afoa gave away two penalties, threw an intercept pass, and failed to tackle Willis close to the line

Looking forward to the Final after getting all excited by the European championship only to find out no one has rights to air it in New Zealand

Latest posts