• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - the Semi Finals!

Random question but how heavy is Tom Curry? He is 6ft 1" but ive seen weight ranging from 99kg to 110kg(granted that was Wiki) but he does look like he has put some size on this season. 110 seems to high though.

Random question but how heavy is Tom Curry? He is 6ft 1" but ive seen weight ranging from 99kg to 110kg(granted that was Wiki) but he does look like he has put some size on this season. 110 seems to high though.
Listed by Sale as being 110. Does seem slightly on the heavy side but I doubt he's too far off. I imagine he probably weighed that much at the beginning of a preseason when he'd had a few weeks of bulking up and that's the weight that was used on the website and the weight Wiki copied. I'd guess he plays at ~106 (what he was listed as at RWC).

Listed by Sale as being 110. Does seem slightly on the heavy side but I doubt he's too far off. I imagine he probably weighed that much at the beginning of a preseason when he'd had a few weeks of bulking up and that's the weight that was used on the website and the weight Wiki copied. I'd guess he plays at ~106 (what he was listed as at RWC).
Meant to ask this on the England thread with regards to the chat about no.8s. I wonder if EJ wants him to Bulk to Cover that 8 position.

I really don't know why they can't give the league to Exeter without playing the final if Wasps have to withdraw, Surely this year could be counted as an "exceptional circumstance". Don't agree with Bristol getting to play in the final if Wasps can't make it. Bristol lost in the semis. This whole situation is a farce.

I really don't know why they can't give the league to Exeter without playing the final if Wasps have to withdraw, Surely this year could be counted as an "exceptional circumstance". Don't agree with Bristol getting to play in the final if Wasps can't make it. Bristol lost in the semis. This whole situation is a farce.

Agree, How can Bears realistically be called champions after they lose a semi.
As much as i want to see Chiefs play the final, it would be wrong against anyone other than Wasps'

I thought all Wasps were clear though.

I was always of the opinion that the season should've been binned off once lockdown started. Anything that happened after that has the biggest asterisk since the start of rugby next to it so I'm really not too fussed about what happens in the Prem.

That said, if Exeter win Europe I will be holding it over my Wasps and Quins housemates until the end of days.

I was always of the opinion that the season should've been binned off once lockdown started. Anything that happened after that has the biggest asterisk since the start of rugby next to it so I'm really not too fussed about what happens in the Prem.
Same,
And then when they decided the next season would start about 3 weeks after this ended they definitely should have cancelled the playoffs.
The playoffs are money spinners and with no crowds they're even more pointless

I really do - they have contracts with various companies to put on a final for them to show on their TV stations.

Same,
And then when they decided the next season would start about 3 weeks after this ended they definitely should have cancelled the playoffs.
The playoffs are money spinners and with no crowds they're even more pointless
As things are regarding covid , season 20/21 wouldn't have started yet anyway and looking less and less likely to have started as the days go by.
Do you now cancel the whole season ?

As things are regarding covid , season 20/21 wouldn't have started yet anyway and looking less and less likely to have started as the days go by.
Do you now cancel the whole season ?
Why wouldn't it?
19/20 was playing in September, what would it matter if it was 20/21 instead?

I really do - they have contracts with various companies to put on a final for them to show on their TV stations.

They could kill 2 birds with one stone and have the Chiefs play England instead of the 2 potentially farcical matches taking place.
Neither Chiefs v Bears nor England v a championship XV(Sarries) should be played.
England v Chiefs would be VERY watchable.

They could kill 2 birds with one stone and have the Chiefs play England instead of the 2 potentially farcical matches taking place.
Neither Chiefs v Bears nor England v a championship XV(Sarries) should be played.
England v Chiefs would be VERY watchable.
That's... actually a really good idea IMO. I'd be much more interested in Top Club in England vs England than Saracens B vs England.

Why wouldn't it?
19/20 was playing in September, what would it matter if it was 20/21 instead?
Starting a new season with the situation as parlous as it was (is) ,would seem like an optimistic folly, considering the previous season was butchered in similar circumstances..

If it was Chiefs potentially not able to play in final and not Wasps, then Wasps would (apparently) play Bristol in the final after stuffing them in the semis. Not a very well thought out plan.

I wish Premiership rugby would just come out and state the obvious... that Wasps will not be able to play in the final with the current situation. I think they are (rightly) embarrassed at the current state of affairs and are doing everything to try and ensure Wasps play in the final on Saturday. To me it should be delayed for a week and England will just have to do without the players from Exeter and Wasps against the Italians. I would rather that than a team potentially winning the premiership who got hammered in the semi-finals. It's a total farce and it's not acceptable. It should have been avoided. Exeter should be given the league and the final be cancelled.

Latest posts