• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - the Semi Finals!

I wish Premiership rugby would just come out and state the obvious... that Wasps will not be able to play in the final with the current situation. I think they are (rightly) embarrassed at the current state of affairs and are doing everything to try and ensure Wasps play in the final on Saturday. To me it should be delayed for a week and England will just have to do without the players from Exeter and Wasps against the Italians. I would rather that than a team potentially winning the premiership who got hammered in the semi-finals. It's a total farce and it's not acceptable. It should have been avoided. Exeter should be given the league and the final be cancelled.
100% agree.

I'd be in favour of giving them the ***le, but if Premiership rugby insist on having a final, let's just delay it.

England can do without their Exeter and Wasps contingent - we've done without Premiership finalists before (last NZ tour springs to mind) and aren't actually missing too many from those two.

More cases at Wasps...should be if they can put out a 23 in any way shape or form they should have to. Even if 23 academy players.

Why isnt there a final thread? For Chiefs vs Xxxxx

What are they going to call the game if Bears play, as it sure as hell wont be the Premiership final.
I'm quite surprised Bristol are actually willing to take part in the possible charade. Are they obligated to play it.?
The honourable thing to do would be to refuse to play it and give Chiefs the cup. I just hope Wasps can cobble together a side to play.

What is the criteria for wasps backing out of this? If they can put out a 23 but say only if they us like16 academy players... can they back out by choice? And bristol comes in or is it if there is zero way they could put out a 23?

Just give the damn thing to Exe, they are out and out the best team in the prem currently.

What are they going to call the game if Bears play, as it sure as hell wont be the Premiership final.
I'm quite surprised Bristol are actually willing to take part in the possible charade. Are they obligated to play it.?
The honourable thing to do would be to refuse to play it and give Chiefs the cup. I just hope Wasps can cobble together a side to play.

It's probably one of those rules written into the Tournament Constitution that no one ever thought would be needed and now seems such a weird idea

It's probably one of those rules written into the Tournament Constitution that no one ever thought would be needed and now seems such a weird idea
I've gotta say, for me, the bye suffered by Sale had already robbed the KO stage of most of its interest for me (even with Bath making the SF as a result) - to do the same again... I doubt that I'll even sit down and watch it.

There were no good solutions for finishing / ditching the 2019-20 season; but I think we managed to pick the worst of the options.

Last edited:
Apparently it was agreed by the clubs in aug that if one club had to pull out due to Covid, the next team in the league would take their place. I doubt they considered that it would happen AFTER the semis.
I wonder if the same thing would be happening if Exeter were the club pulling out and leaving Wasps to play Bristol in the 'final' after stuffing them in the semis. That just magnifies the ridiculousness of the whole scenario.

Apparently it was agreed by the clubs in aug that if one club had to pull out due to Covid, the next team in the league would take their place. I doubt they considered that it would happen AFTER the semis.
I wonder if the same thing would be happening if Exeter were the club pulling out and leaving Wasps to play Bristol in the 'final' after stuffing them in the semis. That just magnifies the ridiculousness of the whole scenario.
Bristol vs Bath final? Damn that would be the biggest asterisk if it happened

Latest posts