• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 12

Damn thats a decent prem team that would complete! 13 team league current 12 plus Not Sarries FTW
Just shows bring in Pirates, Sarries Doncaster and Ealing for 15 team league would not be too much.
4 groups of 4 home and away in groups (6 matches) and home or away v rest (12 matches)
Group winners plus next 2 best records into play offs.

homer simpson vomit GIF

I think we have to in order to reducecthe number of games played.
By having less games, means smaller squads so the depth of squad is improved across the league.
At the moment the fact that internationals play about 50% of league matches is ridiculous.
By reducing to 18 matches, this helps and having only 10 teams would not be enough.

TI think we have to in order to reducecthe number of games played.
By having less games, means smaller squads so the depth of squad is improved across the league.
At the moment the fact that internationals play about 50% of league matches is ridiculous.
By reducing to 18 matches, this helps and having only 10 teams would not be enough.
The best way of reducing the number of matches (correct target) is to reduce the number of teams.
Ideally, strengthening the championship at the same time.
10 teams in the prem, 10 in champ. Domestic cup competition encompassing all 20 teams, and a TV deal that includes all 20 teams.

AKA, have groups, but divided by quality, not geography

Last edited:
The best way of reducing the number of matches (correct target) is to reduce the number of teams.
Ideally, strengthening the championship at the same time.
10 teams in the prem, 10 in champ. Domestic cup competition encompassing all 20 teams, and a TV deal that includes all 20 teams.

AKA, have groups, but divided by quality, not geography
As long as those 20 teams are ring fenced, and there is equal funding across both leagues. Otherwise we will just end up with the same situation of fiddled salary caps and money being written off by the rich benefactors. Not a sustainable situation just as it is now.

I don't like ring fencing at that level, but I'm okay with it to get to the above.

The only solution to fiddled salary caps and rich benefactors is for the RFU to take over the game en mass.
There is no other solution to that. Well, I guess public declarations of every players salary &/ the complete opening up of the books to the cap commissioner would put a stop to cap shenanigans, but...

Saracens set piece took an absolute mullering yesterday;
Lineouts - won 6 lost 6
Scrums - won 4 lost 6
and that with a pack including Koch, Barrington, Rhodes and Wray

Just read that Sam Simmonds is now on 13 tries and only needs 4 more to equal the try scoring record for 1 season....with 10 rounds to go.

I genuinely need someone to explain to me why it's a red.

If had a look at the laws and guidance framework but I just can't see how a clash of heads in a tackle that wasn't high classes as even a pen, let alone a red.

So I'm stumped - if someone can point me to what I'm missing I'd appreciate it.

Tmo didn't think it was even a pen and the ref ignored him.
Got to be honest, i almost glad we lost, because that red is ridiculous. I'm really not sure where Thorley could have gone... i mean maybe a penalty at a push??? but a red is daft.
I am almost annoyed at the assistants/TMO for not pushing back more and for Carley for just batting away the conversations about reducing it.

WE ARE SO BAD.....

Just shows how important Gops, Robson, Launch, Willis (J) are to Wasps atm. Think Blackett needs a little re-think about our spending/areas of concern. Team conceding stupid penalties and trying ridiculous offloads. Felt like I spent half my time screaming at the telly to stop trying the miracle pass every 5 mins.

We really have suffered post the 2 week break from European games and i can't really figure what's gone wrong.

Latest posts