• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 21

Sale
Bath (by default)
Bristol
Newcastle
Wasps
Exeter

Quins really looking like we're getting as close to throwing this game as we realistically can tbh.

Excited to see Beard, as well as Wallace back and Danny and Marcus need a rest so I'm not complaining.

Great to see Tuilagi starting and RJVR back on the bench, just in case we didn't have enough power!

Tom Curry and Quirke probably deserving of a week off, however I'm never thrilled to see Hammersley starting.

Hoping for another strong defensive effort and some go forward through the centre.

Last edited:
Jono Ross - worth the wait (for 10 mins of action before he gets carded, optimistically 12 minutes of action)

On a serious note Sale should take this comfortably. However I think Quins are smart here. If they get lucky and this result + Exeter goes their way then they are still in with a shout next week. However assuming Sale get BP win then that forces Exeter and Sale to play strong teams next week in what would essentially be a copy of the semi-final. This would mean both sides can't give their players a rest and if Quins can beat Bristol, they will be facing either a Sale or Exeter side who haven't had a good rest. For Bristol they could be in heaven being able to rest next week and having Sake and Exeter going head to head 2 weeks in a row.

Yep. This is what I was getting at on another thread.

We have no chance of a home semi final so we might as well rest our most important players. TBH, I'm surprised Marchant is starting.

Form going in to the play offs is overrated IMO. They're knock out games and we will still have a puncher's chance even if we play our second string for the remaining league rounds.

Going to go with
Sale
Bristol
Worcester
Irish
Exeter

Never under estimate our ability to choke when the pressure's off

Newcastle Falcons team to face Worcester Warriors (Saturday, 3pm, Kingston Park Stadium, live on BT Sport 1 Extra)

15 Joel Hodgson
14 Adam Radwan
13 Matias Orlando
12 Luther Burrell
11 George Wacokecoke
10 Brett Connon
9 Louis Schreuder

1 Adam Brocklebank
2 George McGuigan
3 Trevor Davison
4 Greg Peterson
5 Sean Robinson
6 Will Welch
7 Mark Wilson (captain)
8 Callum Chick

Replacements

16 Jamie Blamire
17 Kyle Cooper
18 Rodney Ah You
19 Philip van der Walt
20 Carl Fearns
21 Michael Young
22 Chidera Obonna
23 Alex Tait

One of our physios has tested positive for COVID so Manu is out (negative test but close proximity so has to isolate)
RdP starts and Reed onto the bench

Getting serious flashbacks from last season

Not sure why so much is being made of Manu, clearly he's pretty unique but it's not like he's been a constant in the Sale back line that's suddenly not there....

Not sure why so much is being made of Manu, clearly he's pretty unique but it's not like he's been a constant in the Sale back line that's suddenly not there....
Think he's the only player a lot of journalists know
Last week all the stories were about how he inspired us to victory when I'm not sure he even touched the ball

No getting through that Sale D, have to go round it.

Not sure how Faf got the ball back there after kicking it. Feel it should be checked, I felt he dived on the ball after the quins player had it.

De Clerke must be soo annoying to play against, one of the few players that's actually every bit as the pundits make out.

Not sure how Faf got the ball back there after kicking it. Feel it should be checked, I felt he dived on the ball after the quins player had it.
Don't think Quinn's ever had control tbh so kind of dropping and gathering a loose ball I think.

Latest posts