• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 21

Not particularly surprised the players all got away with it, though Hughes being allowed to come from the subs bench to fight on the tryline isn't a great look considering how harshly they usually treat players running in to join a melee from the field of play, even

Not particularly surprised the players all got away with it, though Hughes being allowed to come from the subs bench to fight on the tryline isn't a great look considering how harshly they usually treat players running in to join a melee from the field of play, even
Harry Williams got a yellow card for similar just before the plague. It was his second, so it meant consequences for him to face, even though he had been subbed by that time. Stupid as it sounds, I don't know if cumulative yellows mean anything in the GP, in the National Leagues, 3 (or maybe 3 for foul play) means a ban. Either way, it seems right that he should have got what was coming to him.

Stupid as it sounds, I don't know if cumulative yellows mean anything in the GP, in the National Leagues, 3 (or maybe 3 for foul play) means a ban.
There's a limit in the premiership but not sure what it is - I remember Jono Ross up in front of the beak/getting a 1 week ban for cumulative yellows

There's a limit in the premiership but not sure what it is - I remember Jono Ross up in front of the beak/getting a 1 week ban for cumulative yellows
Thanks. That being the case, he absolutely should have been carded, despite the fact that the game was over as it could have a material effect on the rest of the season.

Youngs verdict
Decision
1. The Player pleaded guilty to the offence of Conduct Prejudicial to The Interests Of The Union And The Game, Contrary To RFU Rule 5.12.
2. The Panel determined that the Player should be suspended from playing for a period of 2 weeks with one week suspended for one season.
3. The Player had already had a Club imposed one-game suspension on the 12th June 2021. The second game of the suspension will be suspended until the end of season 2021/22.
4. By the 28th February 2022, the Player is required to complete the RFU's England Rugby Referee award course and then subsequently referee two age grade games.
5. In the event of these requirements not being completed, or if the Player reoffends (on or off the pitch), then the suspended element of this sanction will be activated.

so suspended sentence providing he get's his ref certs and refs two age grade games and is a good lad

Latest posts