TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 09.05.29.png

(Premiership Rugby haven't updated their fixture list yet so we'll have to make do with the BBC's ugly fixtures)

Akker Van Der Tigs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Leicester

Who cares about this when you have the North v South clash everyone has been wanting Benetton v Bulls

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

I think the winner of Bristol vs Quins will take the title,

Exeter vs Sale is too attritional, both sides knocking lumps out of each other two weeks on the trot - they're going to be held together with duct tape when they rock up at Twickenham

Bristol have just had an extra week of rest, and Quins rested their stars two weeks ago and then had a pretty easy run out last week to stretch the legs and build some confidence

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

I can go along with that.

As I’ve said previously, I’m expecting at least one upset from the semis.

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale’s chances. Rob du Preez is an adequate replacement, but AJ is a much better player IMO.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale’s chances.
Nothing yet, but BOD, on comms, predicted his season being done (can't remember which knee ligament he guessed at it being, but he seemed pretty confident based on how the medics were testing it/how it occurred - even if it's a strain not a tear)

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

I think the winner of Bristol vs Quins will take the title,

Exeter vs Sale is too attritional, both sides knocking lumps out of each other two weeks on the trot - they're going to be held together with duct tape when they rock up at Twickenham

Bristol have just had an extra week of rest, and Quins rested their stars two weeks ago and then had a pretty easy run out last week to stretch the legs and build some confidence
Yeah, although Chiefs have been there and done it and won it before - they’ve been in the last 5 finals - and that experience is likely to count for a lot.

If not Chiefs then Bristol for me. Quins have been fantastic to watch, but their defence is just a bit too leaky. Sharks absolutely have a puncher’s chance but Chiefs away after last weekend is a tough ask.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Nothing yet, but BOD, on comms, predicted his season being done (can't remember which knee ligament he guessed at it being, but he seemed pretty confident based on how the medics were testing it/how it occurred - even if it's a strain not a tear)
Yep. Looked season-ending. A massive shame for him and so innocuous looking.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

The more I think about it, the injuries and bans make this very interesting ...

Anyone know the situation with Vermeulen? If he and Kirsten are injured and Ewers and Skinner are banned, that dramatically changes Exeter’s back row and will surely limit the effectiveness of their usual gameplan.

MacGinty will be a huge loss for Sale, but Rob du Preez is a capable 10 and if Akker is out, the drop off to Langdon isn’t that big (I’d argue it actually improves their set piece).

Akker Van Der Tigs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Leicester

Hasn't the citing deadline passed now?

FLOBALOB

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Antilles

Club or Nation

Cornish Priates

I can go along with that.

As I’ve said previously, I’m expecting at least one upset from the semis.

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale’s chances. Rob du Preez is an adequate replacement, but AJ is a much better player IMO.

Sale were your favourites a couple of weeks ago .so I assume the upset would be Chiefs winning?

Pieter Steph du Teague

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Ewers has been cited and I don’t see how he’s going to come away from it without a ban. If we’re missing him, Gray, Vermeulen and Skinner next week then I struggle to see Chiefs getting the win.

Reiser99

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

If whoever wins out of Sale and Exeter come away with another group of injuries/citations etc...then winner of Bristol vs Harlequins will be favourites.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Ewers has been cited and I don’t see how he’s going to come away from it without a ban. If we’re missing him, Gray, Vermeulen and Skinner next week then I struggle to see Chiefs getting the win.
Indeed. Who does that leave? Armand, Capstick and Witty?

Sale will miss MacGinty for sure, but other than him, they’re pretty much at full strength. Rob du Preez is not a bad second choice either.

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Sale were your favourites a couple of weeks ago .so I assume the upset would be Chiefs winning?
I’m still backing Sale to be champions. Given the developments, you might argue that Exeter may be the underdogs, but you know that’s not what I was talking about.

It’s only in the last few weeks that anyone has seriously considered anything other than a Bristol vs. Exeter final.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Chiefs are heavy favourites with the bookies (1.33 vs 3.40, handicap reckons they'll win by 7+)
Also firm favourites for the trophy (1.83 vs 3.30 vs 6.50 vs 10.0, for the top 4)

So as much as they want to be the underdogs...

Pieter Steph du Teague

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Indeed. Who does that leave? Armand, Capstick and Witty?
As of late I’d guess that Lonsdale is probably the next cab off of the rank ahead of those 3. Would likely be Witty making way for him.

FLOBALOB

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Antilles

Club or Nation

Cornish Priates

Looking for a bit of positive, Jack could be back for Cuthbert.

FLOBALOB

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Antilles

Club or Nation

Cornish Priates

Chiefs are heavy favourites with the bookies (1.33 vs 3.40, handicap reckons they'll win by 7+)
Also firm favourites for the trophy (1.83 vs 3.30 vs 6.50 vs 10.0, for the top 4)

So as much as they want to be the underdogs...
Chiefs fans know they are favourites (just)
Its the non chiefs fans that are saying SAle are faves.