• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 12

It wasn't Farrell, it was Billy. However Farrell had been warned about 5 minutes before that about his own language and the way he was speaking to the ref.

Farrell looks ******, to be fair

Knackered and out of form - just what we need going into the 6N

Atrocious decision by the TMO, Olowofela scored that.

Yeah that was a real shame superb finish he had no right to do and would have been a deserved try, solid performance from Ford, finally starting to play like he use to with a bit of consistency.

It was a difficult decision to make. I feel the try should have been given due to the evidence of the replay, however I do think the ball left his hand.

Very similar to the Wales non try in the 6N.

Yeah that was a real shame superb finish he had no right to do and would have been a deserved try, solid performance from Ford, finally starting to play like he use to with a bit of consistency.

Yeah he definitely deserved MotM. However the big difference is in the consistency of our forwards. They played well and as a unit with the line out functioning. Polota-Nau going off may well have been a blessing in disguise.

It was a difficult decision to make. I feel the try should have been given due to the evidence of the replay, however I do think the ball left his hand.

Very similar to the Wales non try in the 6N.

I may be biased I'll freely admit that, but I didn't see clear evidence that his fingers left the ball. From every other angle other than the side on view it looked like he definitely had contact all the way. It was only that one angle where it looked a lot closer and you would have needed a magnifying glass to be sure.

Yeah he definitely deserved MotM. However the big difference is in the consistency of our forwards. They played well and as a unit with the line out functioning. Polota-Nau going off may well have been a blessing in disguise.

I may be biased I'll freely admit that, but I didn't see clear evidence that his fingers left the ball. From every other angle other than the side on view it looked like he definitely had contact all the way. It was only that one angle where it looked a lot closer and you would have needed a magnifying glass to be sure.

The freeze frames showed the winger losing grip, but never showed the fingers off the ball.

But I feel between the frames. I think it was likely the ball did briefly leave his hand. But that's my opinion.

But on the evidence of the replay, I would have given it.

The freeze frames showed the winger losing grip, but never showed the fingers off the ball.

But I feel between the frames. I think it was likely the ball did briefly leave his hand. But that's my opinion.

But on the evidence of the replay, I would have given it.

I can definitely see your point. However it was also made to look like he lost control because of the speed. If you look at it full speed, the way he puts it down the ball was always going to slightly drop away from his hand, but apart from that one angle it doesn't look like he loses control or contact. Played at full speed it looks like a fantastic score. As ragerancher said above, it should be clear and obvious and I don't think you can say it from one slow mo and a single point of view. If any other angle suggested the same then maybe, but it was that one shot where you couldn't see his fingers clearly to say they were or were not touching.

On another point, highlights should definitely be worth a watch tonight. Quins rampant, Tigers playing well, Exeter squeezing past Bristol and either Bath imploding or Ian Tempest was really bored. Going to wait and see the highlights before deciding who is at fault for that debacle.

Yeah he definitely deserved MotM. However the big difference is in the consistency of our forwards. They played well and as a unit with the line out functioning. Polota-Nau going off may well have been a blessing

I agree that forwards getting on top naturally allows a fly half to play, however that won't always happen my long standing criticism of Ford has been that he hasn't attempted many line breaks, isn't solid in the tackle and place kicking hadn't been consistent, recently he has shown the player he can be and for more than a game at a time, it seems to me he has finally rediscovered his form which we simply haven't seen to much of (consistantly) since the whole Mike Ford Bath antics.

What is the rule now on grounding the ball? Yes you still need downward pressure but also control? And does keeping your fingertips on the ball count as control? As i dont think there was separation but if you are required to keep control of the ball then did he lose control and regain it as th ball hit the ground.

As i said i dont fully understand the requirements tbh

What is the rule now on grounding the ball? Yes you still need downward pressure but also control? And does keeping your fingertips on the ball count as control? As i dont think there was separation but if you are required to keep control of the ball then did he lose control and regain it as th ball hit the ground.

As i said i dont fully understand the requirements tbh

If you go to place it down one handed like that then naturally the ball is going to start dropping away from the hand, that's gravity. However he put it down as intended and for me had control. Yes he was close to losing it, but in full motion it looks like he places it clearly. It was only the slow motion that makes it look different.

Latest posts