• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Grand Final

A tough match, for the first 70mins I definitely felt as though Leicester deserved it, but then the momentum seemed to move towards Sarries, but far too late.

I'm still puzzled as to how Sarries managed to claw it back to equal pegging with a few minutes to go, somehow the guys just held on with some ridiculous defensive efforts. I thought Billy was absolutely terrific all game and ; the double side-step shuffle was probably one of the most exciting moments of the game – he has definitely upped his game. Had Barnes not got in the way, or the passage of play was on the wing, I felt like they'd have gone for a line out and I think we'd have got a shock try.

Overall I felt like both sides struggled with the kick chase. Davies certainly wasn't having a good day, a day compounded by his sinbinning. Felt sad for Ford but Burns stepped up. I'm not sure if Segun was injured, but he would have added a bit of spark later in the game as Leicester fatigued, but not to be.

Next season will be interesting; the continued reduced salary cap will begin to take its toll on sides that have weak academy throughput or don't instil loyalty amongst the squad

A few other notes:
- The time allowed for penalties and conversions needs to come down drastically
- There needs to be penalties for teams that are slow to gather for the line-out.

Lastly was anyone else on the 'sauna' train to Twickenham? Absolutely dire scenes :/

Latest posts