• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 13

Well he's only missed 1 game so far and I'd have thought he ban was for at least two?

Mills and Odogwu are apparently back in training, so I'll be interested to see when they get re-introduced. Could be this week, but I'd have thought closer to the end of the month. Oghre is due back around then too I believe.

Well he's only missed 1 game so far and I'd have thought he ban was for at least two?
Yeah, just checked and it's 3 weeks reduced to two if he does the course (I thought 2 reduced to 1, for some reason)

Yeah Weise won't be back but I would hope van Staden will be. Martin-Reffell-van Staden is a pretty strong back row, it's just the cover that's nonexistant rn.

I wonder what happened to Tomiwa Abongbon, who was a replacement in the Cup games and is in the senior squad. Unless he's injured too it must be pretty damning for him not to get a look in for 20 minutes at home when they're bringing on a hooker and winger to cover the back row.

Predicting Bath to get off their duck.

Bristol v Sale
Quins v Exeter
Newcastle v Northampton
Saracens
v Gloucester
Bath v Worcester
Wasps v Leicester

Yeah Weise won't be back but I would hope van Staden will be. Martin-Reffell-van Staden is a pretty strong back row, it's just the cover that's nonexistant rn.

I wonder what happened to Tomiwa Abongbon, who was a replacement in the Cup games and is in the senior squad. Unless he's injured too it must be pretty damning for him not to get a look in for 20 minutes at home when they're bringing on a hooker and winger to cover the back row.

Dude is what a 19 year old signed from loughborough how is not playing in a prem game pretty damning?

Dude is what a 19 year old signed from loughborough how is not playing in a prem game pretty damning?
I meant it must feel like a knockback for the guy if he was fit and got passed over here. I was just looking at what other back rows are in the squad and noticed him, and was wondering why they listed him as in the senior squad if they can't give him 15 minutes at home when all the other back rows are out, instead of bringing in guys out of position. Thought he might be injured or on loan as well.

He was there warming up.
Reality is he prob isn't fit enough, really don't understand the knock back aspect, just because they are young doesn't mean they have to play if not ready.

Predicting Bath to get off their duck.

Bristol v Sale
Quins v Exeter
Newcastle v Northampton
Saracens
v Gloucester
Bath v Worcester
Wasps v Leicester
I'd mostly go along with this.

Exeter do seem to have got their act together and despite results being reasonable, I still don't think we (Quins) have hit our stride yet this season. I'd hope for a home win, but I could easily see Exeter beating us.

I also fancy Bath to beat Worcester at home, but I don't think it'll be by much.

Falcons vs. Saints is a hard one to read. Neither have had a good few weeks and while Saints definitely play the better rugby, I can see Falcons dragging them into more of an arm wrestle.

Well its like the Arctic up here at the moment...the temps have plummeted...so the Falcons better put on a decent show on Sat after that dire last weekend.

I'm not expecting anything from Saturday's game so even if we came away with a point I'll be happy, even happier if Quins and Newcastle both win too.
I'll also be cheering on Worcester (for obvious reasons ;))

No surprises, really:
07.01.22_BristolBears_Away_GP_TeamNews_Newsletter.jpg

twitter-post.png

Lahiff looks like a roided-up wrestler in that picture. Like an old picture of Scott Steiner.

Not been playing very well for a while, tbh
He's never been the most athletic but always had a good eye for the game/good rugby skills, but it means when he's out of form he doesn't have the speed/strength to fall back on

Latest posts