• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 21

I mean we should win on Friday but it would be typical of us if we didn't

I don't like this thread
Honestly I fancy your chances, you're on an upwards tick at the moment, and we're inconsistent-to-middling
AJ went off with what looked like a serious injury last week, as well, which will be a huge blow, on top of all our other injuries

Obviously Bath have their injury issues too, just saying that our previous results don't really count for much

26.03.22_Bath_Away_GP_TeamNews_Newsletter.jpg

As expected, really - good to see Curtis and Metcalf getting the nod on the bench

That's a crazy strong side on paper
Really?

I make that 5th (maybe 4th), 2nd and 1st choice front row
4th and 5th choice locks
2nd, 1st and 2nd choice backrow

1st and 2nd choice halfbacks
3rd and 1st choice centres
1st, 7th and 2nd choice back 3

Bench is
4th (maybe 5th), 3rd, 2nd, 5th (maybe 6th), on loan from the Championship
2nd :(, 1st, 2nd (maybe 1st)

All fit, Stuart, Underhill, Spencer, JJ and Muir are the only starters + Bailey on the bench, and possibly Coka - but only if based on form from 3 years ago

Last edited:
Sorry, I'll not have an opinion in the future

leaving walking away GIF

I just think think a side with Stuart, Bayliss, Underhill, Hughes, Spencer, Cipriani, Muir, Clarke, De Glanville, Simpson, Bailey and Cokanasiga looks pretty good on paper

Sorry, I'll not have an opinion in the future

leaving walking away GIF

I think think a side with Stuart, Bayliss, Underhill, Hughes, Spencer, Cipriani, Muir, Clarke, De Glanville, Simpson , Bailey and Cokanasiga looks pretty good on paper
haha. TBF its got a lot of quality @Which Tyler , and i'd back them to have moments of brilliance. Sale's team really on McGinty unlocking that leathal forward pack and to @TRF_Olyy point without him, there's a lot of pressure on Du Preez. At home? I could see bath edging it.

I just think think a side with Stuart, Bayliss, Underhill, Hughes, Spencer, Cipriani, Muir, Clarke, De Glanville, Simpson, Bailey and Cokanasiga looks pretty good on paper
Even then, only if you ignore a couple of year's worth of form.

Stuart's is England's 2nd choice, but mostly through lack of alternatives - he's good, but he's not 20+cap international quality
Bayliss, Underhill, Hughes, Spencer, I'll give you.
When was Cipriani's last run of good form? 1st year at Gloucester? So 2018-19?
Muir I'll give you
Clark's a solid premiership player - at best; and only that when he actually strings a dozen matches together without breaking.
TdG is beginning to fulfill his promise
When was Simpson's last run of good form? Probably longer ago than Cipriani's
Bailey is no more than a promising youngster, he's also on the bench.
Cokanasiga's last run of form was in the run-up to RWC19.

on paper, though - I don't care about form I'm just talking about the names on the sheet
For me, there's recent form (last 6 weeks or so), and there's long-term form (6 months+), "on paper" takes account of the latter, but not the former
But that's me, of course.

If the 2003 RWC England team took the pitch tomorrow against that Sale team; I'd back Sale to win pretty comfortably

Any Bath fans know why Butt keeps getting played on the wing? He's been a 12 for his entire career, and is a very very good one IMO, yet he keeps being picked out wide. It's not like you don't have good wing options so are picking him there out of necessity.

Any Bath fans know why Butt keeps getting played on the wing? He's been a 12 for his entire career, and is a very very good one IMO, yet he keeps being picked out wide. It's not like you don't have good wing options so are picking him there out of necessity.
Because he hasn't been a 12 for his entire career.

He's mostly been a 13, with odd appearances at 12 or on the wing.
Then last year on loan to Coventry, he was predominantly a wing, with the odd appearance at 13

Oh, and our better options on the wing are unavailable

Last edited:

Latest posts