• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 22

Lol...the Worcester fans aren't happy with that defeat....everything bar the falcons playing well. Even blaming an illness in camp etc...dear lord...

I've said all along we have a decent squad with a few cracking players. It's the coaching that's my big issue. If they get it right...they can beat teams.

But they rarely get it right...maybe next season.

No im asking what are the actual laws when A player hits A player when attempting to charge down a kick. With regards to pens, YC's ect...

Im quite confused by your response? If advantage is on then should have been played(dont remember). I want that whistle blown as little as possible and i want Pen advantage over quicker when a real advantage has been taken...

But my question was on the rules,
Scotty,
Regarding the laws ,yes no player can play the man without the ball so Tompkins committed an offence punishable by a penalty.
As a retired ref from down in weeds level 7.
This applies to all levels and its called materiality.
In your case, Tompkins plays a man off ball so could be a penalty, Luke Peirce is a ref who wants game to flow so didn't call it as it didn't matter to him.
Every ref at every level can ping an infringement but the but and is a biggy does it matter?
In this case it didn't as ball went away from infringement for me Sale had players but didn't make of it.
Every game, every breakdown, every maul, every tackle there will be most likely someone who breaks the laws.
It's easy as a ref to blow the whistle but harder to guess if it doesn't matter.
However fans will always pick up on something from level 12 to international rugby.
Players want to play however.
LP is ref who let's game's flow and they are better for it.
Strip point we have Laws not rules in rugby.
NB. That's a joke by the way.

Scotty,
Regarding the laws ,yes no player can play the man without the ball so Tompkins committed an offence punishable by a penalty.
As a retired ref from down in weeds level 7.
This applies to all levels and its called materiality.
In your case, Tompkins plays a man off ball so could be a penalty, Luke Peirce is a ref who wants game to flow so didn't call it as it didn't matter to him.
Every ref at every level can ping an infringement but the but and is a biggy does it matter?
In this case it didn't as ball went away from infringement for me Sale had players but didn't make of it.
Every game, every breakdown, every maul, every tackle there will be most likely someone who breaks the laws.
It's easy as a ref to blow the whistle but harder to guess if it doesn't matter.
However fans will always pick up on something from level 12 to international rugby.
Players want to play however.
LP is ref who let's game's flow and they are better for it.
Strip point we have Laws not rules in rugby.
NB. That's a joke by the way.
He's not asking whether it's a penalty, but at what point does it become a YC?

LP does let the game flow and can play advantage, but he can also go back to check foul play. For me, both players didn't do enough to pull out in both incidents that were deemed penalties. Also they turned their shoulders into the players, which for me also becomes a shoulder charge, which is foul play. As it's both a late hit and a shoulder charge, personally they both should have got yellows.

He's not asking whether it's a penalty, but at what point does it become a YC?

LP does let the game flow and can play advantage, but he can also go back to check foul play. For me, both players didn't do enough to pull out in both incidents that were deemed penalties. Also they turned their shoulders into the players, which for me also becomes a shoulder charge, which is foul play. As it's both a late hit and a shoulder charge, personally they both should have got yellows.
Well never a card? and why would it be .
No obvious incident that stopped opposition gaining an advantage.
Sale lost nowt by a sarries player pushing a player away .When he was 10 Mt's away from ball after bounce.
Can never see a pen let alone a card.
However personal opinion.

Irish were looking more likely to score. Should have scored earlier, but started better than Quins.

What was the reason it wasn't?
Missed it live but that replay looked like a clear try
French referee said OHC lost control, when he grounded the ball with no separation. English refs have all made a point that control is not needed, it's about separation.

Ridiculous game though. Neither team taking their foot off the pedal.

Simple difference for me, Quins have been far more clinical in the 22.

French referee said OHC lost control, when he grounded the ball with no separation. English refs have all made a point that control is not needed, it's about separation.
Just to clarify something, seperation is the important factor in scoring a try when ball is carried over but if its a kick and chase type try where you dive on the ball i thought it was control you needed. I may be very wrong

Latest posts