• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 3

Am i wrong to say i fancy our chances once again this weekend v Wasps? Well i do fancy a win again...

Tigers vs Saracens should be a good game,

I'm worried about ours vs Chiefs - cupboard running very bare in some positions, probably going to have to play a hooker in the backrow and recall academy players from the Championship

Am i wrong to say i fancy our chances once again this weekend v Wasps? Well i do fancy a win again...
I think it depends if we bring the same intensity that we had against Bristol to the Toon. Fekitoa out will be a big loss and Le Booj had a knock which he may carry through to this game.

Simonds and Spink are incredibly talented but will be a big step up and i am not sure Gopps can manage 80 mins.

Also does anyone know if 2 yellows = red means a game ban? i thought if technical infringement for Shields means no ban.

However, if we play like we did against Bristol i think it will be a very good game. Terrified of Radwan/Stephens but i'd love to see them vs Watson/Kilbridge/Crossdale (obvs Odogwu is out as he's super fast and Bassett is our old man wing).

It's an interesting batch of fixtures. I want to believe Tigers vs. Saracens will be a cracker, but I suspect it might be more like the grind we saw in the opening game.

Saints vs. Irish, Worcester vs. Gloucester and Falcons vs. Wasps all have the potential to be more open, enjoyable games IMO.

Wasps main issue will be at centre … Gopperth and a youngster is most likely so it's whether they can get their danger men out wide in to the game. Pleasantly surprised by what I'm seeing from Falcons, I don't think Geordiefalcon is being over-optimistic.

Tigers vs Saracens should be a good game,

I'm worried about ours vs Chiefs - cupboard running very bare in some positions, probably going to have to play a hooker in the backrow and recall academy players from the Championship
They're not much better to be fair, although I have a sneaky feeling Simmonds might be back for this one.

I think it depends if we bring the same intensity that we had against Bristol to the Toon. Fekitoa out will be a big loss and Le Booj had a knock which he may carry through to this game.

Simonds and Spink are incredibly talented but will be a big step up and i am not sure Gopps can manage 80 mins.

Also does anyone know if 2 yellows = red means a game ban? i thought if technical infringement for Shields means no ban.

However, if we play like we did against Bristol i think it will be a very good game. Terrified of Radwan/Stephens but i'd love to see them vs Watson/Kilbridge/Crossdale (obvs Odogwu is out as he's super fast and Bassett is our old man wing).
yes could be a barnstormer to be honest...

Your hooker frost looked outstanding in his sub appearance. Him v McGuigan could be fireworks aswell...

Big match ups all over the park to be honest. Carl Fearns v Tom Willis...the earth will shake if they collide :D

They're not much better to be fair, although I have a sneaky feeling Simmonds might be back for this one.
Love a good cripple fight

Both sides should be up for it, at least - us trying to wash the bad taste of losing twice in two weeks vs them at the end of last seasons, them trying to wash the bad taste of losing twice in the opening two rounds this season

yes could be a barnstormer to be honest...

Your hooker frost looked outstanding in his sub appearance. Him v McGuigan could be fireworks aswell...

Big match ups all over the park to be honest. Carl Fearns v Tom Willis...the earth will shake if they collide :D
Very much so.... I'm not sure who i fancy... maybe Falcons just because of Kingston Park... I've played there a few times when at Newcastle Uni and it's a tough ground and atmosphere to play when the weather comes in and the crowds up for it.

Very much so.... I'm not sure who i fancy... maybe Falcons just because of Kingston Park... I've played there a few times when at Newcastle Uni and it's a tough ground and atmosphere to play when the weather comes in and the crowds up for it.
Plastic pitch will claim a few soft southern knees as well :p

As long as we beat Gloucs then I'm happy. I'm confident we can but being a Worcs fan, can never count on it.

Worcester are looking good IMO. I think there's plenty of positives you can take from your start to the season and you have players like DvdM and Sutherland still to add to the mix.

Just noticed wasps will probably have Nizaam Carr, Tom West, Thomas Young, Francois Hougaard and Peter Scholtz back available for their trip up North to us...

No news yet on Whether Brad Shields is available or not...

Where did you see that? I thought West was out for a little bit longer.

One of the articles i was reading today...back in full training and available to them on Saturday...ill find out which one it was.

Not sure if it was the same one but I just read that West is back in a Coventry Live article. Top player to have back in the mix.

No it was a different one BPM, i cant bloomin find it. But clearly it all points to him being available Saturday.

Yes hes a very good player to have back...

Looking forward to the teams for Bristol-Bath, Bath desperately need to get the win against a faltering Briz team as their upcoming league fixtures are brutal:

Bristol (a)
Saracens (h)
Harlequins (a)
Wasps (h)
Leicester (a)
Exeter (h)
Saints (a)

That takes them into December and the European fixtures, can't see many wins for them in that run.

Just noticed wasps will probably have Nizaam Carr, Tom West, Thomas Young, Francois Hougaard and Peter Scholtz back available for their trip up North to us...

No news yet on Whether Brad Shields is available or not...
He is available, Fekitoa is out.

Latest posts