• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 7

The medics didn't OK Obano tbf, it very much looked like they were trying to make him come off.

They should have forced him to leave the pitch but they far from Okd him
Ah, my mistake for basing it on the twitter outrage - I didn't see the incident myself
If that's the case then it's better, but equally players shouldn't be able to overrule a medic - it shouldn't be a conversation, their word should be final

I'm a Saracens fan but quins lost the game today as much as we won it. We get accused of being boring but kicking a couple of penalties in the second half would have put the game to bed.

Greed for the bonus point cost them the points for the win.

I'm a Saracens fan but quins lost the game today as much as we won it. We get accused of being boring but kicking a couple of penalties in the second half would have put the game to bed.

I don't even think it was greed for the bonus points tbh, we just like trying to score tries more than winning "boring" I think

One of a small band then ;)

It wasn't 'greed'. I think we were trying to put the game behind a converted score, but it was poor game management. I was most annoyed by Care's drop goal when we were playing advantage 5m out.

One of a small band then ;)

It wasn't 'greed'. I think we were trying to put the game behind a converted score, but it was poor game management. I was most annoyed by Care's drop goal when we were playing advantage 5m out.
Care's drop goal was ridiculous, well executed but stupid when you've got penalty advantage with the same 3 points put on a plate for you.

I've got nothing against quins and they played well today. As a sarries fan it was incredibly frustrating to watch at times.

But the simple fact is you're right, it was poor game management. Reverse the roles, saracens that far ahead at that point in the match kick the points and 9 times out of 10 it wins them the game. Quins could have put us to bed after an hour but poor decision making kept us in it.

As a Gloucester fan I'm still reeling from their close loss to Exeter. Not being able to keep the lead late was like a punch to the gut. But I'll get over it in time for their next match. ;)

Last edited:
Delighted with the away win against Bath. We defiantly left a point out there though. I know the result was fairly decided once Williams got sent off but i'd argue Wasps left 2-3 tries out there especially JTA/Kilbrige dropping it over the line.

So sounds like Robson is out for a few weeks at least but luckily lots of cover at 9 with Porter, Hougaard and Wolstenholme/Monye. Gopps apparently was in pretty good knick according to blackett post game but looked bad, Young is off with Wales now and Fifita is believed to just be bad cramp but awaiting update.

Couple of weeks Prem Rugby Cup post Quins home next week will give us time to get players back but the decisions taken to get dominated at Sarries looked like a great call.

Delighted with the away win against Bath. We defiantly left a point out there though. I know the result was fairly decided once Williams got sent off but i'd argue Wasps left 2-3 tries out there especially JTA/Kilbrige dropping it over the line.

So sounds like Robson is out for a few weeks at least but luckily lots of cover at 9 with Porter, Hougaard and Wolstenholme/Monye. Gopps apparently was in pretty good knick according to blackett post game but looked bad, Young is off with Wales now and Fifita is believed to just be bad cramp but awaiting update.

Couple of weeks Prem Rugby Cup post Quins home next week will give us time to get players back but the decisions taken to get dominated at Sarries looked like a great call.
Potentially, yeah.

I see Hislop has been called up by Scotland (deservingly IMO) which leaves you very light unless West is fit. If not, Nearchou might be up against Wilco Louw.

Still, after Saracens nobbled Allan, we're likely to be playing with Will Edwards at 10 who is still very much finding his way after joining us from the 7s program.

Potentially, yeah.

I see Hislop has been called up by Scotland (deservingly IMO) which leaves you very light unless West is fit. If not, Nearchou might be up against Wilco Louw.

Still, after Saracens nobbled Allan, we're likely to be playing with Will Edwards at 10 who is still very much finding his way after joining us from the 7s program.
True... I did like Will Edwards though who made some smart plays. Bit of a penalty machine against Sarries though.

Depends if Hislop is retained for Scotland game or not, are they bubbling? I assume not as Simmonds sounds like he will be released back to Exeter.

Nearchou is a good scrummager and great round the field but Louw is a machine so wouldn't mind West being back.

Still fancy Quins for this, those lads who are still there i would fancy to do the job.

Edwards was a bit unlucky IMO. Some of CMK's decisions on not rolling away were quite bizarre. In the build up to Lamb's yellow card, Edwards makes a tackle, immediately attempts to roll and is clearly and deliberately pinned for example. If he'd made no obvious attempt to roll way or blocked access to the ball, it's a fair pen but as it was it was just overly officious and not practical at all.

I can't imagine Hislop would be called up mid week and then let go by the weekend? I know that's what happened with Lynagh but that's due to injury.

Edwards was a bit unlucky IMO. Some of CMK's decisions on not rolling away were quite bizarre. In the build up to Lamb's yellow card, Edwards makes a tackle, immediately attempts to roll and is clearly and deliberately pinned for example. If he'd made no obvious attempt to roll way or blocked access to the ball, it's a fair pen but as it was it was just overly officious and not practical at all.

I can't imagine Hislop would be called up mid week and then let go by the weekend? I know that's what happened with Lynagh but that's due to injury.
True... we will see, may require another loan then as we are a few players short at loosehead with West expected to be a few weeks out and Harris out long term and being one loosehead short.

Latest posts