17 Francois van Wyk [22]
18 Will Hurd [12]
19 Eli Snyman [23]
20 Sean Jansen [7]
21 Sam Edwards [7] **
22 Charlie Atkinson *
23 Phil Cokanasiga [5]

7A46E2DD-0ACB-41F3-AFA7-FDC31F49BB4F.jpeg
20-year-old Dafydd Jenkins captaining and Feyi-Waboso straight into the 23. Couple of very promising youngsters.

Weird that Jenkins is captain with Joe Simmonds in the side.

I think we are very much in a rebuild
Yeah, big time. In Baxter's interview regarding Bell, Fisilau, and Feyi-Waboso he said he's most interested in young players as they haven't won anything yet and so have the most ambition. Sounds like after winning Europe, the current squad went a bit stale and didn't have much drive to do it again.

tigers;

STARTING XV:
15 Anthony Watson [3]
14 Chris Ashton [17]
13 Harry Potter [46]
12 Matt Scott [51]
11 Nemani Nadolo [41]
10 Freddie Burns [108]
9 Richard Wigglesworth (vc) [39]
1 James Cronin [6]
2 Charlie Clare [58]
3 Dan Cole (vc) [296]
4 Harry Wells [162]
5 Calum Green [95]
6 George Martin [44]
7 Hanro Liebenberg (c) [65]
8 Olly Cracknell [6]

REPLACEMENTS:
16 Tom Cowan-Dickie [9]
17 Francois van Wyk [22]
18 Will Hurd [12]
19 Eli Snyman [23]
20 Sean Jansen [7]
21 Sam Edwards [7] **
22 Charlie Atkinson *
23 Phil Cokanasiga [5]
Is this the first time Watson's played at full back for his club?😀

Yeah, big time. In Baxter's interview regarding Bell, Fisilau, and Feyi-Waboso he said he's most interested in young players as they haven't won anything yet and so have the most ambition. Sounds like after winning Europe, the current squad went a bit stale and didn't have much drive to do it again.
I hope these players have the same sort of impact as when we brought in Woodburn, Devoto and Waldrum :) under different circumstances ofcourse but all could have an impact and add alot our squad over the next few years.

Shanked locks like that is what happens when you put a winger at FB

Would an England midfield of Lawrence and Marchant ever work or are they too similar?
I think Lawrence at 12 only works if he's playing regularly there for his club. Seeing as Bath have Redpath and Ojomoh, I don't think he'll ever see regular game time in that shirt while he's there. England seem to produce a ton of promising 13s but really fail with 12s. I think we're too impatient with them.

I think Lawrence at 12 only works if he's playing regularly there for his club. Seeing as Bath have Redpath and Ojomoh, I don't think he'll ever see regular game time in that shirt while he's there. England seem to produce a ton of promising 13s but really fail with 12s. I think we're too impatient with them.
England produce plenty of good 12s.
They just decide to be Welsh or Scottish before they're ready for international rugby.

Latest posts