• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 13

Hopfully we keep some momentum from the champions cup as we are not doing well in the prem, losing 4 of the last 5 is not good enough even if we are rebuilding.

I think we will win this one but it will be a tough one.

Luke James back in the mix!
Tuilagi fit but Dr's orders not to play on the plastic pitch :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing Mills get a start - though would rather 12. Mills, 13. S.James tbh - but I think SJ has played the full 80 in every game so far? So deserves a week off really

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15, Luke James, 14. Arron Reed, 13. Ryan Mills, 12. Sam Hill, 11. Tom O'Flaherty, 10. Robert du Preez, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Ewan Ashman, 3. Nic Schonert, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Jono Ross, 7. Ben Curry (C), 8. Daniel du Preez

Replacements:
16. Akker van der Merwe, 17, Ross Harrison, 18. Joe Jones, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Jean-Luc du Preez, 21. Joe Simpson, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Byron McGuigan

What did Faz say to get it changed to a pen/20m up field?

I don't see why
If he had wrapped an arm that was no foul play. An odd situation where it was either nothing or red card.
I don't see why you bother making that hit anymore. Not worth the risk for someone already being tackled.

If he had wrapped an arm that was no foul play. An odd situation where it was either nothing or red card.
I think those 'second tackler' red cards are really harsh. Creevy was unlucky last week. Really hard to wrap when the first tackler changes the ball carrier's height.

I don't see why

I don't see why you bother making that hit anymore. Not worth the risk for someone already being tackled.
I think they're setting up to be first tackler (and I suppose they have to) or maybe jackal, but the situation abruptly changes in front of them.

I think they're setting up to be first tackler (and I suppose they have to) or maybe jackal, but the situation abruptly changes in front of them.
He's not looking to jackal as hes going in to make the second hit. I think it's not worth risking it if the guy is already being tackled and going to ground.

Edit. Watching again there's a lot going on in front of earls so probs can't see exactly what's going on with the tackles player

Last edited:
He's not looking to jackal as hes going in to make the second hit. I think it's not worth risking it if the guy is already being tackled and going to ground.
I don't think there's time to reassess once someone else makes the first tackle. I don't see anything ever eradicating this sort of incident.

Latest posts