Premiership Rugby 23/24 Semi finals

Don't Skip Leg Day

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Friday 31st May 19:45 @ Franklins Gardens.

Going to be one last go by the sarries leavers but can't see them beating the well oiled and organised machine.

Saints seem to play this season with everyone on the same page and that makes the attack very potent. I also think the Leinster final will have given them that big game experience which they will have needed to get used to the pressure and atmosphere of a final.

Saints win for me, fingers crossed.

I think the only question is whether the last 3 weeks (walkover at Glos, then 2 weeks rest) results in rust or a refresh. You'd hope the latter, but the former is always a risk.

So there's talk that:
A) Tom Curry is definitely available (Fail reckons he's starting but I'd be VERY surprised)
B) Manu might be in contention (in training this week, hamstring issue was the lowest grade it's possible to be - would be an insane risk to play him IMO)
C) Ellis is back fit

Can't see Ellis being involved considering how little he's played for us since arriving
TC I'd have on the bench, I imagine if he starts it'll be at 8 with JLdP going back to lock - just can't see it though
Manu playing.....I mean with Bedlow out we have no other 12s, but what a massive risk, the likelihood of him making half time on a good day is slim, let alone 2 weeks after pulling a hammie

If Manu is out I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a 6:2 split with TC on the bench/SJ starting being the only changes from the Saracens game - unless Luke James is fit (and he's not played all season so would be a big ask to drop into a semi match ready) any additional back we would include wouldn't be someone we've really shown trust in over the season, so might as well load up an extra forward as (barring injury) the additional back would probably be unused, or only get a token 3-5mins

If you had told me at the start of the season Saints would beat Sarries twice I'd have laughed. Probably the same as us finishing top.

Really hope this isn't Lawes last game but beating Sarries three times i just don't know. No matter what it's been a good season for us. Hopefully it continues.

Saints vs Sale final, thats my prediction

Saints are strong in attack and controled very well by FSmith. Some very good players in that backline

Sale will be too physical for bath and wear them down and are on form at the right end of the season.

Saints vs Sale final, thats my prediction

Saints are strong in attack and controled very well by FSmith. Some very good players in that backline

Sale will be too physical for bath and wear them down and are on form at the right end of the season.
No teams won the Prem from third according to the BBC. Bath at the Rec Saturday is a big ask for Sale.

I see a repeat of our last game vs Bath,
They've got the pack to nullify ours and picked out the gaps/doglegs in our blitz defence with ease last time we met - I struggle to see a route to victory vs them (but then again I thought the same vs Saracens, so who knows!)

Said it in another thread, but I see a repeat of last years final with the exact same winner.

So Saracens to beat Northampton.

And Sale to beat Bath.

Friday 31st May 19:45 @ Franklins Gardens.

Going to be one last go by the sarries leavers but can't see them beating the well oiled and organised machine.

Saints seem to play this season with everyone on the same page and that makes the attack very potent. I also think the Leinster final will have given them that big game experience which they will have needed to get used to the pressure and atmosphere of a final.

Saints win for me, fingers crossed.
I Hope Please GIF

Said it in another thread, but I see a repeat of last years final with the exact same winner.

So Saracens to beat Northampton.

And Sale to beat Bath.
I said the same, Sarries just have that big game mentality and with their exodus you just feel they will have that huge game in them, with that said (I don't particularly rate him internationally) Mailins was instrumental last season not sure they'd have won it without, Earls looked average when you consider his international form, he's due a big game or two.

IMG_4974.jpeg

Pretty much as expected. I expected Hendy to get nod over Ramm and the only other one was Pearsonovwr Ludlum which I get but is an interesting call.
6/3 bench split again which has seemed to be the norm this season.

I'll post the Sarries team when it's up as I'm not their 4 fans have access to the internet.

Latest posts