• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby chief calls for euro re-think

I think you greatly overestimate the tolerance and appetite for RFU intervention amongst the clubs Melhor.

Growing a lot here. I play in the CPI (Campeonato Paulista do Interior) which has gone from 14 teams in 2011 to 19 this year.
For Real? :huh: ..... Hey how good is the brazilian Rugby Team? :)

My team is two years old. We´ll be in the State Competition for the third time this year. We entered only one month after creation in 2010. Quite crazy but it was worth it. A lot of teams lack coaches and players who know what is needed. But it is changing fast.

I think you greatly overestimate the tolerance and appetite for RFU intervention amongst the clubs Melhor.

I am not English and don´t pretend to have all the answers. But I have noticed that the problem centres on a lack of cohesion between the union and the clubs. It needs to be bridged and both sides can help one another.

If the RFU would move matches north of London then it would help the clubs and the sport in general in the north. DOing nothing means no progress.

There is no reason why Liverpool cannot host a Heineken Cup Semi Final.

The extent of the mess can be seen by considering that the Stoop will host the Amlin Challenge Cup Final this year. Last time France hosted Marseilles got the final and packed it for Toulon vs the Cardiff Blues. Toulon did so, dispite, only being into its second season back from the second division. Leeds can only dream of such a scenario. If the current course of action continues no progress will be made. Sure, I may be overestimating as you say but something has to be done and fast. With 2015 approaching it is vital or else a game like Australia vs Canada will not even come close to packing St. James Park or Old Trafford.

This was already answered on the previous page: The council won't allow them to expand their ground.

Partally. The Saints are still scratckingin the dirt about the application for planning permission (the council are actually being awkward about the sale of land to Asda, not the stadium expansion). There is also a sense that Alan Robsons bean counters are trying to sell up to Pete Winkleman, saving any need for a Northampton stadium.

Latest posts