Premiership Semi: Leicester Tigers vs Northampton Saints

Who's going to Twickenham

• Leicester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northampton

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in fairness all Youngs does is hope his teammate isn't banned (understandable), and credit saints for their performance. he's not saying anything controversial.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13404917.stm

Leicester centre Manu Tuilagi will miss the Premiership final against Saracens after receiving a five-week ban for punching Northampton's Chris Ashton.
The 20-year-old was initially banned for 10 weeks but his suspension was reduced in light of a push from Ashton which provoked his punches.
Tuilagi will also miss England Saxons' Churchill Cup campaign, although is available for England's August Tests.
Dan Hipkiss may come into the Leicester backline for the May 28 showpiece.

10 weeks down to 5 weeks due to Ashton's push. Utter rubbish.

Just moved this to the right thread (you'd put it in the Heineken Cup thread by accident!)

I think 10 weeks would've been fair, I also think that 5 weeks would have been fair
I don't really agree with the reduction, though.

Woops, my mistake. Got too excited. Thanks for the moving.

I thought he'd get 4 weeks and i hoped Ashton would get 2 weeks for the knee in the back.
All in all 5 weeks isn't to bad - i still think Ashton got what he deserved.

RFU hand out worthless punishment to potential England player SHOCKER! he citing process is a complete joke.

Out of interest, if I'd gone over and lumped one of the provocative morons on the Crumbly who kept pushing the Saints fans, would I have only got a six week (1 match) ban?

I thought he'd get 4 weeks and i hoped Ashton would get 2 weeks for the knee in the back.
All in all 5 weeks isn't to bad - i still think Ashton got what he deserved.

Humour me: What did he do to deserve what would be considered assault in the real world?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how anyyone could say ''He got what he deserved''. Firstly he was tackled completely off the ball, so he wasn't the aggressor and also he was just trying to play rugby, like he always does (althogh sometimes contraversially) and therefore does not deserve to almost be decapitated.

TBF it's not that worthless - He misses the final and the Churchill cup - his two big chances at impressing MJ enough to consider him for the WC squad

Wearing a Tigers shirt is all he needs to be shoe horned in anyway.

Humour me: What did he do to deserve what would be considered assault in the real world?
Not that anyways...the push from Ashton means that he could use the argument that he felt threatened .and so was fully entitled to remove the threat or source of it using any reasonable force.

Wearing a Tigers shirt is all he needs to be shoe horned in anyway.

You say shoe horned, but this incident aside, he'd be very deserving if named - Waldouck is out injured, so Tuilagi would be my first choice at 13 in the warmups

You say shoe horned, but this incident aside, he'd be very deserving if named - Waldouck is out injured, so Tuilagi would be my first choice at 13 in the warmups

Also, the Tigers are better than the other English teams. Shoe horning their players into the England squad isn't all that bad a thing :p

Also, the Tigers are better than the other English teams. Shoe horning their players into the England squad isn't all that bad a thing :p

lewis-moody_1245751c.jpg

martin-corry_1290730c.jpg

harry_ellis_080329_979877c.jpg

Varndell-v-Irish-GP-home_rdax_601x343.jpg

george_chuter_content.jpg

julian-white_1248031c.jpg

england-call-up-leicester-lock-ben-kay-as-cover-for-tom-palmer-$7021949$300.jpg

I guess that's a matter of perspective! :p

Touché :D Anyways, very light sentencing all things considered. One punch is understandable, the other two were just thuggery. Should have gotten 4 months imo.

He'll be an England international sooner or later anyway. Good player, but he needs to get a bit of cop on. Lots of time for it sure, he's only 20ish after all.

5 weeks fair enough. That keeps him out of some important rugby.

On the subject of shoe-horning, playing for better sides means you're more likely to be noticed. That's why so many Wasps guys got attention a few years ago, and none of them do now.

Well thats the end of it.

At least Manu will be suspended. It should have been longer.. But.. Anyways..Lets hope Manu has learned his lesson.

He has talent.. And Imagine him and Ashton in the Same Backline? :lol:

Latest posts